Newbie collaboration knife?

One of the emails suggested that if we have a lot of people, we might consider doing two knives. This sounds like a good idea. We could do a camp knife/hunter combination package. Some of us are early in our learning process, which means that some of us might only have one skill that we're confident enough in to be involved. If we get a situation where two people only have that one skill (such as filing, if we decided to file a portion of the spine for instance) then we'd need two knives to accomodate them both.

Ron Petley suggested doing two knives. Michael Bennett even suggested a series of knives. I'm catologing all of the ideas for now. We'll make sure that no matter how many people join in that we have plenty of work to go around.

This could become the annual "Newbie" knife collaboration, with a knife coming out every year. As people gain confidence and experience, they could drop out of the actual work and become advisors to the newbies coming on board each year. I'm very excited about the direction this is taking already.

One other note. If you have stated your intent to join in here on the forum, but have not yet sent your email address to me, please do so. I'm saving all of the emails to a file folder, so that I can create the email list.

The team so far is:
  • TekSec
  • Jared Stenoien
  • Mdoyle
  • Bennett
  • jdm61
  • Mungo Park
  • Kaktus505
  • Tommegow
  • Warrior24
  • Richard J
  • Kevin Adams
  • mscantrell
  • Tom Kernan
  • Deker
  • Myself

15 of us so far. Welcome to all of you!

I'm still don't have emails from (either my companies firewall blocked them or they haven't been sent yet):
  • mdoyle
  • kaktus505
  • tommegow
  • Warrior24
  • Kevin Adams
  • mscantrell
  • Tom Kernan
  • Deker

A related and yet unrelated question. We just finished up a Newbie KITH over on that other web forum:D Why do I never see any KITH's here on BF?

A related and yet unrelated question. We just finished up a Newbie KITH over on that other web forum:D Why do I never see any KITH's here on BF?

I don't even know what a KITH is. Unless it's what my wife gives me when we've been drinking.

Dang, sounds like a cool idea and a lot of fun, too bad I can't contribute right now. Good luck with it guys, I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Dang, sounds like a cool idea and a lot of fun, too bad I can't contribute right now. Good luck with it guys, I can't wait to see what comes of it.

You can still be a contributor, in the area of ideas. Please join us. 90% of knifemaking is between the ears!

Emails received from:
Adrian Vasquez
Deker
Tom Kernan
Michael Cantrell

Adrian,
What is your BladeForums screenname?

I don't even know what a KITH is. Unless it's what my wife gives me when we've been drinking.

Knife In The Hat........everyone in the group makes a knife and then you draw names and send your to the person whose name you draw. Most of the time KITH's have a theme.

I'm in if there is room. Great idea! E-mail is on its way...

Eric
San Diego, CA

I'm glad to add anything I can. I'm running short on materials but plan on making a good size order soon. I'll shoot you an emule Scott.

Would an auction be better since it might be able to help a veteran more. Just a thought.

Still waiting on emails from:
  • mdoyle
  • kaktus505
  • tommegow
  • kevin adams
  • efleming
  • bigjimslade

Stingray4540,
If you want to be part of the brainstorming for this project, shoot me an email.

I'm preparing an email to send to the group, and will need these email addresses before I can send it.

Email sent out to everyone that has sent me an email. The project is underway! This first email is the most tedious part of the process. This email is the one where everyone lists their strengths and weaknesses. If you really like doing one particular task, please point that out!

I'm still waiting on a few email addresses, and will forward this initial email to the rest of you as I get your addresses.

Ickie

Email recieved!:D I'm taking my wife out tonight, but I'll reply ASAP - tonight if possible, but might be tomorrow (date nights sometimes just happen like that:cool: )...

Ok, I sent you an email. I forgot to include my BF username, but it is the same as my email address.

Back