Next batch of Pikuni?

When will the the next production batch of Pikuni's be available? From what I understand, the 1st batch had some quality-control problems, so I'm waiting for the next one which should have the problems corrected.
Thanks in advance.

The 2nd run of Pikunis has been out for some time and we are about to the end of the third run.
Bob Brothers

Really? I could have sworn someone told me recently that the pikuni's 1SKS still had were the first production run.

Bob--
I've also noticed that the G10 scales pictured on some websites appear significantly different (looking more like carbon fiber) compared to the G10 scales on 1SKS. At first I thought the pictures might be of carbon fiber scales, but the prices on other sites suggest G10. I'm interested in getting a one with carbon fiber scales, but I'm very confused right now as to what is actually out there. Can you help clear up this situation for me?
Thanks again.

Folks,

Got a Pikuni from the 1SKS sale. Seems fine to me. Edge and point are sharp. G10 handle gives a good grip. Kydex sheath holds the knife well. Good for belt, neck and pocket carry. Am far from the most expert in Bladeforums, but think my Pikuni's well made, and a very good value if you need/want a 3" fixed blade.

Would prefer a bigger handle and green or tie-dyed
biggrin.gif
G10, but that's very minor.

Rebuttals welcome.

Alan

I'm with Alan. Picked one up from the 1SKS closeout and absolutlely love it. Don't know about tie dyed, but other colors could be cool
wink.gif
. Remember that Mike was cleaning out the shelves, so an older model could have been lying around hidden somewhere, and I believe he did offer to exchange the older one.

Overall a great little knife with a pretty good price (especially at that blowout price!).

cj

Back