nice website

Maybe everyone already knows about this or isn't interested, but I found a really nice website. The address is www.nativetech.org. There are all sorts of good articles on ancient skills including weaving cordage from natural materials, ancient tools, metalworking techniques, the list goes on. Also a very extensive system of links. Lots of articles and links on flintknapping. Really just about any native american skill you can imagine (with the noted exception of weapons making/use). Site includes a search tool to search both articles and links. You should all check it out if you haven't already.

[This message has been edited by JHall (edited 01-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JHall (edited 01-11-2000).]

The web site you listed needs an e between
nativ and tech.
smile.gif

------------------
http://www.imt.net/~goshawk
Don't walk in tradition just because it feels good!!!!!
Romans 10:9,10
Hebrews 4:12-16
Psalm 91

Sorry about that. It's fixed now. Have you been there? If so, what did you think?

I've checked out a few parts of it in the past. They have good information that is a good place to start. I checked out the beadwork and wampum sections and they don't go very far into depth on the usage. It does give one a good idea on the basice though.

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

You use what you have on you, then you improvise! :)

I think that what I liked best about the website is the incredible system of links that they have. If their information isn't enough to satisfy you or they don't have what your looking for, they probably have a few links to another site on that subject.

Back