(no longer) Looking for a portable washing machine

Can you post a photo of what you bought? I'm curious.

It's literally just a plastic tote with a lid.

A large galvanized tub and a washboard.

A washboard is probably next, because there is some soil I couldn't get out, but they are only work clothes, and I work alone now so no big deal yet. I got the dirty laundry smells out, so that's the most important thing to me, and I have other "going out" clothes that don't get soiled like that.

We live in a condo and have a stackable washer/dryer in a closet (with tile floor and water line had to be installed, by previous owner in our case). If you want I can take a photo.

Our building wants no leaks, so we are required to use Bosch (highly reliable). We have Bosch Axxis + (they are at least 10 yrs old but still work fine). Washer on bottom (front loader) and dryer on top (also front load). When we use the dryer, we leave the closet door open a bit because it vents through the front. They can't run a vent to the outside from the location.

I've been using my LG for more than 15 years. When it broke down, I thought it was time to buy a new washing machine. Fortunately, I found the needed part on the partstree site and a guy who was ready to try fixing it. I don't know how long it will work after the repair, but I save good money and still can use my old machine. In short, LG is a good brand.

Last edited:
Back