No responce from LionSteel cust. service or the dealer???

First... we all know knives are tools and meant to be used.... knives are meant to show wear eventually, so there's point in debating that.
However, when I purchase several knives from a company totaling $780.95, there should not be any shoddy work or poor tolerances.
If the knives were used or previously owned it would be a different story... the knives in question that I received were "new".

Q.C. / Quality Control exists so a product does not leave the factory floor unless it passes inspection.

I purchased six "Lion Steel Shuffer's" (slip joint knives) from U.S. dealer "Collector Knives" totaling $780.95, unfortunately four out of six have issues, the other two are perfect.
Additionally, none of the "LionSteel" boxes the knives arrived to me in had names or product codes on them.

The dealer has not responded to an email and the manufacturer has not responded to three or for emails.

The issues:

Model: "Shuffler" clip point slip joints.

#1 Stag Horn. ** 1 rear screw not "set in" correctly, not 'flush' with scale as all others were has now fell out. Photos.

Stag%20rear%20screw%20raised%20not%20set%20flush2_zpsrgagvmbe.jpg

Stag%20rear%20screw%20raised%20not%20set%20flush1_zps2vyrkzh0.jpg

Stag%20rear%20screw%20raised%20not%20set%20flush4_zpsgmkgmf3m.jpg

Stag%20rear%20screw%20raised%20not%20set%20flush3_zpsvnfdby1h.jpg

Screw%20fell%20out%20Shuffler%20Stag._zps0r1lfizx.jpg

#2 Bocote Wood. ** Has an obvious wood chipped out or cracked next to 1 front screw. Photos.

Bocote%20Wood%20crack%20from%20screw1_zpsh2yt2va7.jpg

Bocote%20Wood%20crack%20from%20screw2_zpskckdd9ox.jpg

Bocote%20Wood%20crack%20from%20screw3_zps57com64f.jpg

#3 Black Carbon Fiber. ** came with obvious scratches on the blade.
Photo.

Scratches%20on%20blade%20Black%20Carbon%20Fiber2_zpsitqsb3bj.jpg

#4 Natural Micarta. ** Scratch on blade. Photos.

Scratches%20on%20blade%20Natural%20Micarta1_zpsxlpcbfsf.jpg

Scratches%20on%20blade%20Natural%20Micarta%20Fiber2_zpsvj8u19dj.jpg

#5 White Carbon Fiber. **"no problems/ no issues/perfect.

#6 Rams Horn. ** "No problems/no issues/perfect".

I emailed detailed photos and descriptions of the issues to the dealer "Collector Knives" and NEVER heard back from them.
I have emailed "LionSteel" describing in full the issues including photos.

At this point, one of the screws that was never 'set into' the Stag scale/knife correctly and has since fallen out, I requested from LionSteel a replacement or few of them which I will gladly pay for if necessary.
All of the other knives have the screws set in correctly... 'flush' or slightly below the surface of the scale as they should be.... however the one (1) screw in question had an obvious problem when it was first received by me, the screw was raised up/protruding up above the scale, very noticeable especially when felt with the thumb or any finger and could not be screwed down into the scale.

At this point I really want to resolve the problem with the screw that fell out.
Again, at this point, I'd like to request a replacement screw or few of them which I will gladly pay for if necessary (photos enclosed if original screw not set into scale correctly and them missing after it fell out).

I have had ZERO response from both the dealer 'Collector Knifes' as well as the manufacturer 'LionSteel'.

Last edited:
Collector knives should help resolve this, they are custom made for them.

Try giving them a call, I’ve been able to reach Mike that way pretty easily in the last.

I dont know about Collectorknives but Lionsteel has a great customer service from my experience. I was in contact with them on two occasions in the past and they always responded to my emails within hours. However, you have to take into account that there is the IWA 2018 taking place in Nuremberg at the very moment (09.-12.03.) and Lionsteel like most other European and also US producers are there with their own booth.

The OP has cross posted this here and in GB&U. Thus the pertinent conversation has occurred elsewhere. But the facts are that the OP did send an email in response to our automated request for feedback. This response is posted in GB&U, and can be confirmed there was never any mention of a loose or stripped screw - only that it sit proud. It seemed a cordial letter from someone that simply wanted to point out what they felt could have been better QC on a production line knife. But it requested no follow-up or issues that needed resolution. So it was noted, filed, and no other communications occurred until this blast on an open forum. No RMA, no call to a toll free number, and no follow-up email.

I once lost a pivot screw from my Lionsteel SR2. I got a free replacement from Lionsteel. Great customer service.

Back