• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Non payment or return of a knafe

Dominicy

Gold Member
I though I'd ask here since I haven't been successful on getting payment or the return of a Spk Lamia 2nd gen that was sent last July. I had done at least 5 to 10 transactions with this gentleman without any problems. What can I do? I'm in Texas. Any and all help is appreciated. I apologize I just searched the gentleman's name in this group he is a known scammer (damn me). I apologize for this inconvenience of this post. An admin can shut this post down if possible.

Last edited:
Could you provide some more detail? Is the person a dealer or just a knife enthusiast? If I understand, you bought the Lamia but returned it for some reason and want a refund. How much money is it? Did he give an excuse, or is it radio silence?

You could sue in civil court, but first I would name him here and let the excellent Mods try to contact him.

Any chance this person passed away? It happens, you know. Try finding a relative perhaps.

I bought the lamia from a drop. He is a knife enthusiasts. Im sure he may be in this group. But the transaction was on a facebook knofe page. I sold it to him for 850. His excuse was he was in the hospital but we were both in a knife group on face book were he had done something similar and was kicked out of the group. This was after I reached put to one of the admins.

Any chance this person passed away? It happens, you know. Try finding a relative perhaps.
His wife had been replying to his messages from me on messenger. But know she is saying she doesn't know how to send funds and or that she may send the knife back depending on what her husband says. It's just been a run around of the same excuses.

This is a needle in a hay stack situation.
What are the odds someone who’s stolen from you is going to resurface?

I had shipped him a couple of items before payment and he always kept his word and paid.

Wire fraud is a Federal offense that carries up to 20 years in jail......just saying. You'd be surprised how many scammers will come clean when reminded of this.
18 U.S.C. § 1343 provides:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a presidentially declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act ( 42 U.S.C. 5122 )), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[6]

Back