Not able to leave feedback for buyers

I'm trying to leave feedback for a buyer in one of my sale threads and I get the following message:

The following error occurred:
Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread.

I also constantly do not get notifications of new posts to subscribed threads, notifications for new conversations or PMs or whatever they are called, and don't always get emails sent to me.

Are these issues going to be resolved soon? It seems to me we're paying for features we're notr getting which have been broken for some time now.

In order to leave feedback you have to first post something -- anything -- in the thread. I ran into this problem when I bought an item on the Exchange by sending a PM message to the seller. Tried to post feedback later on, and got the same cryptic message that you got. If the message were modified to say that you must post in the thread, it would save a lot of wasted time and repetitious threads such as mine and yours and other people.

I don't know why it's required to post in the thread, given that people often buy stuff via PM to the seller, but if the rule is there the error message should at least inform people.

I just noticed that evidently you were the seller in this case, which presumably means that you started the thread. I wonder if that means that even the person who started the thread can't post feedback unless the buyer posts in the thread?

I wonder if that means that even the person who started the thread can't post feedback unless the buyer posts in the thread?

I'm under the impression that the answer to your question is yes. I believe both parties must post in the thread.

I just sold an item in the fiddleback forum, in the buy and sell thread. Same issue. We both posted in the thread, but seeing as how neither of us started the thread, it won't validate the URL to leave feedback. I posted here rather than starting a new thread. Hopefully there is a way to clear this up.

Back