Not interested in any of the new stuff at high prices , but finally got an XL Talwar S35VN PE incoming .

I've been looking at the plain-edge Talwar too, Doc. Just grabbed an SR1, and a new Recon 1 landed in the mail today. Cheers on your new acquisition.

B3mOgJqh.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the smaller Rajah? I like those, but the Spartan calls to me more. What do you think of it?

Received today and certainly appears and feels genuine . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Box a little rough and had been opened .

But all seems brand-new , clean and even includes the lefty clip !

No immediate problem with lock stick , but I haven't played with it much yet .

Letting it just sit for a while, half-open , to relax the spring a little . Hopefully .

This is one Hell of a knife ! 🥷

Your correct it is the smaller 'Rajah'. It's one of the best 'smaller blades' that I own. Perfect knife for jacket-carry, or in cargo-shorts. Excellent slicer, by-the-way! A nice compliment to my larger Spartan.

bLPnXCuh.jpg
Oh, here's the guy responsible for my new SR1 that also showed up today! When I saw pics of yours, I just had to try one out! 😁

Oh, here's the guy responsible for my new SR1 that also showed up today! When I saw pics of yours, I just had to try one out! 😁
Sorry, that I'm a bad-influence K72. ;) I pulled-the-trigger, on a Voyager spear-point XL. A big-knife at a great price-point. It would be cool, to see Cold Steel; bring-back some of XL-versions of blades like the AK-47 and Recon 1.

Sorry, that I'm a bad-influence K72. ;) I pulled-the-trigger, on a Voyager spear-point XL. A big-knife at a great price-point. It would be cool, to see Cold Steel; bring-back some of XL-versions of blades like the AK-47 and Recon 1.
I have the xl voyager spear/drop point and really like it a ton.

Unfortunately, my Talwar showed up today and rattled like crazy when closed, so it's going back. My first return that I can remember on a CS product.

But my Natchez Bowie showed up today too, and seems rock solid. And it is amazing. Every once in a while I go on a real Cold Steel binge, haha.

I have heard about this rattle on XL talwars and I have had 3, first when they first came out (35vn) and last one was a serrated only a few months back. All have been rock solid....if it isn't perfect definitely send it back.... The new ones are not quite the same as the old xhp ones, a little fatter! ;) I love my tan dlc in xhp! Also have a aus8 4 inch plain talwar...

rattled like crazy when closed
Unless it's just a loose pivot ? ...then IDK . The blade would have excessive movement, side to side .

Only time I've had this on a Tri-ad lock, was after use as a throwing knife .

Unless it's just a loose pivot ? ...then IDK . The blade would have excessive movement, side to side .

Only time I've had this on a Tri-ad lock, was after use as a throwing knife .
Oh I definitely checked the pivot. It is the part that rattles, but is not loose. The vendor is just gonna have to take this one back.

My Air Lite has a little rattle when closed, and it’s the stop pin. Rock solid once open.

Yeah, this thing was rock solid when locked open. No rattle at all. Close it, rattle city.

No big deal, the Talwar is built just like the g10 Espadas, so I probably would have moved it on eventually, but when a CS has a problem, it's going straight back to the vendor.

Today, in fact.

Also might as well note that the plastic sheath that came with my Natchez Bowie is pretty crappy too, and a premium knife like this deserves way better. But I did expect the awful sheath, so I can't really complain too much. Even a nylon type scabbard like the one that comes with Trailmasters would be acceptable.

The Mayhem has been fun to play with, and the atlas lock is neat and easy to use.

Like the Kiteman, I've been on a Cold Steel binge lately. What's nice, is the fact; that I didn't spend an insane amount of money for the quality I recieved. The Voyager XL is, and does live-up to the Cold Steel credo: go big, or go home! Can't wait to take some better pics of all these models.

7X4stt9h.jpg

lwZL8CEh.jpg
Voyager series is still one of the best ever, for pure value , i.e. performance / cost ratio .

I carry a Vaquero Voyager , nearly always . :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back