Not skulls, flags

I saw the other thread about coming up with Becker skulls. I think what Beckerheads need more than that is a BECKER Flag. Since this is one of the few knife companies out there who's products are actually USED in the woods they were designed for, what you need is a flag to raise when you make camp, claiming your territory.

Same idea as the old pirates, explorers, etc. You can post pics of you holding your flag on your caribean beach, your backwoods camping or your Aconcagua summit.

Of course, the design could be reduced later to patches but that's a little ho-hum.

Crossed BK2's or whatever on it. The really ambitious could then get their beckerhead number put in the corner of the flag.

I saw the other thread about coming up with Becker skulls. I think what Beckerheads need more than that is a BECKER Flag. Since this is one of the few knife companies out there who's products are actually USED in the woods they were designed for, what you need is a flag to raise when you make camp, claiming your territory.

Same idea as the old pirates, explorers, etc. You can post pics of you holding your flag on your caribean beach, your backwoods camping or your Aconcagua summit.

Of course, the design could be reduced later to patches but that's a little ho-hum.

Crossed BK2's or whatever on it. The really ambitious could then get their beckerhead number put in the corner of the flag.

That's a pretty good idea, Expat, pretty damn good actually. Ethan is putting the finishing touches on the Becker patch, we should be seeing those ready to roll out in a short while. Then, I'll start looking at some Beckerhead flags.

Awesome noodle work, brother, thank you.

Moose

The flag done in the form of an over-sized cotton bandanna would be awesome! Could be worn as head gear, used to filter water...once washed enogh times to remove all the the dye residue. Then could be flown as a flag as well.

That is original and interesting. A Beckerhead flag would kick a$$, and there could be a very cool thread where people post up pics of their flags in various locales.

I owe all my inspiration to you, my good friend, Moose. I mean, if a dude can wear a skirt in the mountains, we can all aspire to better things, right?

Yeah, you could have a skull or whatever on it. I'd prefer to see something a little original instead of crossed knives under a skull--isn't there some other company doing that? Personally, I've always been partial to Edward Teach's flag, but you guys come up with something original.

If you want to go traditional, the original flags were blood red, not black. The red symbolized the blood they were going to spill when they jacked your ship. As a matter of fact, the term "Jolly Roger" is a derivation of the french term "Jolie Rouge", meaning "pretty red". It eventually became a term referring to all pirate flags in the early 1700's--don't recall the exact date--even the black ones, but I digress.

I'm anxiously awaiting the design proposals :)

Expat, I think that Moose is talking about using the same design as will be on the Becker patches... the idea being continuity across the Beckerhead "brand." Right now, that proto looks like a BK-2 on an olive drab background.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795277

Beckerhead_patch_1a4.jpg

I'm not 100% and could be wrong. Maybe the flags could be a different color. Red sounds good to me. I carry a red bandanna as a "drive on" rag and use it for everything from a pot holder to a towel to a head garment and so on. Nicely visible and can be used for hauling lumber. :p

How about a sarong? Talk about multipurpose. You can even learn sarong fighting from the Cold Steel DVD! :D

the only skull we need are the skulls of our enemies! yar!

Well, the thing with skulls, is Ethan has to signoff on anything Beckerhead related. We have to steer clear of the BKT logo, and the Beckerhead logo is in design right now. I am afraid our dear friend DB is having some med problems, and so Ethan and Susan are working on the revised logo, and Beckerhead logo (HD sticker, version) The HD logo will what would more than likely be on the flag.

Of course, there nothing is set in stone, and there may be some variants that Ethan will approve for such things as the Beckerhead Pirate Edition logo, or something.

Not to worry, I like the idea of OD and Black for the flag, as I feel is has more of a chance of fitting our woodland wardrobes. :D

Mose

I'm looking forward to Beckerhead flag pics in faraway places. Solid idea. :thumbup:

The flag done in the form of an over-sized cotton bandanna would be awesome! Could be worn as head gear, used to filter water...once washed enogh times to remove all the the dye residue. Then could be flown as a flag as well.

I think a bandanna would be a great idea. A flag would be cool for gatherings and stuff, but a bandanna would be a little more realistic for regular carry in the bush.

If a pirate version were to be approved, IE skull+crossed blades, I think the Magnum Camp would be the picture perfect knife for that one:thumbup:

I think a bandanna would be a great idea. A flag would be cool for gatherings and stuff, but a bandanna would be a little more realistic for regular carry in the bush.

If a pirate version were to be approved, IE skull+crossed blades, I think the Magnum Camp would be the picture perfect knife for that one:thumbup:

Good call on that one, I'll run it by Ethan and see what he says, but if we do a pirate one, BK5 definetly

Moose

So no Becker sarong to wear to the beach, then? :(

Well, do you really want to see Ethan and myself trying them out at the public pool here, and posting some pics? E said that he wanted to be able to use the gear we made, I don't think a Mossberg could get him in a sarong, me on the other hand, well, I already have some. A friend of mine keeps me in them when he goes to Brazil, so,

Moose

Well, do you really want to see Ethan and myself trying them out at the public pool here, and posting some pics? E said that he wanted to be able to use the gear we made, I don't think a Mossberg could get him in a sarong, me on the other hand, well, I already have some. A friend of mine keeps me in them when he goes to Brazil, so,
Moose

a mossberg might not but i'd think a couple jars of moonshine would get his ass naked for tattoos ;)

Now, I gotta get ESEE to make one and you boys can all bring your machetes for an edge-filled game of capture the flag :)

Now, I gotta get ESEE to make one and you boys can all bring your machetes for an edge-filled game of capture the flag :)

Sounds like some fine American fun there. Sign me up, I need some more body scars.:D

Moose

Back