Notching A Log With A BK-2

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Today just seemed like a good day for cudgeling a couple of my favorite "survival" knives. The pics pretty much speak for themselves (and I'm tired), you can tell by the amount of bark missing from my cudgel in the end that I wasn't exactly doing light taps. This knife is going to be perfect for me.

DSC_7059.jpg

DSC_7060.jpg

DSC_7061.jpg

DSC_7062.jpg

DSC_7064.jpg

DSC_7066.jpg

DSC_7069.jpg

DSC_7070A.jpg

DSC_7070.jpg

DSC_7072.jpg

Looks good Mist. Looks real good. Only a few hundred more to go before the official Beckerhead retreat cabin is done. Better get crackin!

i see what you did there :)

very square ;)

Today just seemed like a good day for cudgeling a couple of my favorite "survival" knives. The pics pretty much speak for themselves and I'm tired
DSC_7072.jpg

Heck Mist, why did you stop?? :confused: You've got a good start on a log cabin, couple more hours & you should be sitting pretty . . . :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
Be safe.
p.s.: Guess that BK-2 is all the godfather says it is huh . . .

Yeah Mist what everyone else said, Log Cabin.... Werent you afraid of snapping that blade by pounding the point into that log?:eek::D;)
JK

just

Awesome...I gotta get me one again. Very cool.

Looks good Mist. Looks real good. Only a few hundred more to go before the official Beckerhead retreat cabin is done. Better get crackin!

I'll be glad to build the retreat...but NOT using only a BK-2 and carpenter's wages would apply :D

i see what you did there :)

very square ;)

Not really...more rectangle i think.....:p

Today just seemed like a good day for cudgeling a couple of my favorite "survival" knives. The pics pretty much speak for themselves and I'm tired
DSC_7072.jpg

Heck Mist, why did you stop?? :confused: You've got a good start on a log cabin, couple more hours & you should be sitting pretty . . . :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
Be safe.
p.s.: Guess that BK-2 is all the godfather says it is huh . . .

I might build a small cabin with a Brute if I had one...but I'm getting lazy as I get older :)

Thanks Jake :thumbup:

Yeah Mist what everyone else said, Log Cabin.... Werent you afraid of snapping that blade by pounding the point into that log?:eek::D;)
JK

just

Not at all...but then again I know me...and I like having the odds and physics in my favor :D

Awesome...I gotta get me one again. Very cool.

Thanks man, I've been looking forward to this knife since Blade.

Nice pics as ever Brian. Those BK2s really do the job don't they?

Dave

Thanks Dave, and yes they do :thumbup:

square referring to the nice angles obtained. they are right (right-angles, get it? geez!)

squares are ALSO rectangles, but not all rectangles are square ;)

square referring to the nice angles obtained. they are right (right-angles, get it? geez!)

squares are ALSO rectangles, but not all rectangles are square ;)

yeah yeah...I know lol

I had trouble with that one in elementary school :)

Thanks for the kind words guys. This knife is quickly earning a special place in my gear. It will look a bit different in the next post I do with it :)

IMG_3102.jpg

Back