O & O sheath

parfums95

Gold Member
My friend Oo sheath has a fashion for my little Sam, thank you to you Oo , pics ...

The knife out of his Case blakout bowie by sam .

Last edited:
Fantastic design features :thumbup:
I find it really inspiring to see different styles and designs from other places .
Europe I'm realising is to me , an undiscovered wonderland of leather knowledge .
It makes we wonder just how many techniques and styles have been lost over the thousands of years that people in Europe have been working leather .
Those sheaths are great and really appeal to my personal taste .

Ken

It makes we wonder just how many techniques and styles have been lost over the thousands of years that people in Europe have been working leather .

I agree. I've been looking at tanning and how viable it might be to brain tan some stuff for a special piece. If you've never seen it done, tanning is no simple job. Very very labor intensive. So when the craftsman had the leather that they tanned themselves, or payed dearly for a quality piece you gotta think that they treated it with great care.

I see it even in my own work. When I started out with 4 square feet I tried my hardest to maximize the material. I squeezed 7 full size pouch sheaths and 1 smaller sheath out of it. I saved all of the scrap for dyeing and testing. Now I can be a little less restrained and my "scrap" pieces are quite large in comparison.

It would be really neat to look at how the leather use to be handled in all capacities.

Is the shoulder strap sheath considered a baldric(sp)?

Now that's a sheath after my own heart! Love the little touches like the tooling on bits I'd cut off without thinking about it. This is really inspirational. It almost looks like a whale?

I've always wanted a Douk Douk too. Artsy way to carry a modest blade. I could see a Japanese garden knife carried in a similarly dressed out sheath with Asian influences.

How did they get the color pattern on the sheath in the first picture? I like the sheath but I like the idea even more because of the possibilities. Thank you so much for posting the pictures.

Back