Official Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's see em!

Yea, thanks. I've seen his work on his facebook page. Great looking stuff! Not sure why cost is such a faux pas everywhere on just about all things knife related here. It's not like whipping out yardstick and comparing retirement funds with the Joneses. Information is to knowledge as knowledge is to educated. Educated people have smart money. Smart money buys the most stuff. He who has the most stuff wins... I was going to see if I could get it Keven Bacon, then bacon made me hungry. :D

I see where you found it, $50 is a nice price. Pickings are slim out there. Guess I'll have to bide my time. Thanks for the info.

^^Keep in mind the price for scales reflects not only the cost of raw materials, but time associated. I actually make all my scales by hand, and it takes several hours of work.

here's a new material: Metallic Flake Kirinite

9431654814_eec06482e6_b.jpg

9431650074_b4f63d05b4_b.jpg

ok, start drooling:D

Here is a double reptilian in coyote brown. not an easy pattern to make, but damn nice to look at:rolleyes:

9428866177_86094f5bc4_c.jpg

^^Keep in mind the price for scales reflects not only the cost of raw materials, but time associated. I actually make all my scales by hand, and it takes several hours of work.

You honor me by your presence. Que Garth and Wayne I humbly apologize if I implied that these were easy to produce. I was just hoping that someone out there was using some animation modeling software and a 3D printer to pump out these at a cost that everyone could own a few. The materials are not as limited as one may think. These babies can create with photopolymers, thermoplastics, ceramic powders, metal powders, and just about any metal alloys including but not limited to aluminum, stainless steel, cobalt, and even titanium. Printers for commercial and domestic use can start in the $400 to $2,000 range. Though the software is not likely open source! Then there is the 3d scanner needed... Anyway, you do beautiful work and I don't wish your business harm. A machined scale is China Kershaw*, your handmade scale(s) are Hinderer works of art. I would love to buy one of your chipped, scarred or practice scales. Your reject would be my Liberty Bell.

* NOT a putdown on Kershaw, maybe a poor metaphor

Last edited:
^^ No worries, I try to keep my scales at prices fair to all. I'm still suprised KAI or Hinderer havent made a line of scales. He did a run of 0550 scales a while back and they sold out fast. They have teased it before and there is definitely a demand.

here is my last project for this weekend...coyote brown, anso:
9431657484_d3cafe84c7_c.jpg

here is my last project for this weekend...coyote brown, anso:

Crying out loud, you just ruined my stock 'earth' color for me, damn you. LOL I'm serious about one of your non-sellable ones. I'll never disclose its origins or show its likeness outside everyday use so as not to dilute your brand. I'll not bother you again, and I'll delete this post and all others on your request to styphon other members repeating this plight.

I see where you found it, $50 is a nice price. Pickings are slim out there. Guess I'll have to bide my time. Thanks for the info.

Watch the auction site I got the exact scale I wanted by Rival (black/blue G10 for 0550) for 30 bucks and no waiting. Guy sold his knife and had no use for the scale.

Back