Official SURVIVE! picture thread

I'm finally making some time tomorrow to get this thing out to the range to see what ammo will work best.
Do any of you have any recommendations on .357?
fc646693ce7cc3d13309fa7acda9ecdf.jpg

Standard if you go with 158 grain full power loads for when you need it to count I would use .38 special in the same weight/trajectory range for practice. A whole lot cheaper, less muzzle flash/jump and will help you in the accuracy department as well. Would also stay away from the fast velocity 125 grain stuff as flame burning in front of the cylinder below the barrel can and does happen. Ruger rules for a strong revolver, great choice.

Standard if you go with 158 grain full power loads for when you need it to count I would use .38 special in the same weight/trajectory range for practice. A whole lot cheaper, less muzzle flash/jump and will help you in the accuracy department as well. Would also stay away from the fast velocity 125 grain stuff as flame burning in front of the cylinder below the barrel can and does happen. Ruger rules for a strong revolver, great choice.

Thank you Psybull!
This is my first .357 but I have had a few 38's and it was always an impressive round. I need to call up my dad to see if he has any ammo sitting around for all of my grandpas old service revolvers.
This snubby Ruger will most likely become a home security or hiking sidearm so I definitely don't want it to be a fire breather.
I also picked up a clean little Llama 22 pistol from the same person. I'm hoping it'll be a nice little plinker.

I'm finally making some time tomorrow to get this thing out to the range to see what ammo will work best.
Do any of you have any recommendations on .357?
fc646693ce7cc3d13309fa7acda9ecdf.jpg

125g JHP for defense. I usually plink with 158g lead semi wadcutter in .38 Special. I load my own except for defense. I have some pretty hot 125 JHPs I loaded for practice.

125g JHP for defense. I usually plink with 158g lead semi wadcutter in .38 Special. I load my own except for defense. I have some pretty hot 125 JHPs I loaded for practice.

Thank you sir! It looks like I'll have to start writing down a list of ammo for this one. I'd hate to have to use this defensively, but it'll definitely be a lot quicker than fumbling around with the Mossberg.

What pack are you using these days?
That's a Triple Aught Design FAST Pack Litespeed.

Standard, my man, sorry for the late response. Not sure how I missed your post, but makes me wonder what else I miss in the course of a day! squarebox is correct! Speaking of squarebox...

squarebox, I am impressed! You knew the pack just from that close up of a shot and maybe the patch?! I'm impressed! You are a man who surely knows his packs..... this one isn't even all that well known compared to some other brands.

Good eye Squarebox86!
How are you liking that pack so far Silver? Are there plenty of storage spots?

Back