Oil for my snakeskin?

Chief_Wiggum

Gold Member
Hi all,

I love the look of the oiled snakeskin nukarta, and would like to do the same for my PD. What oils would be good for this? Also, does the micarta end up being slippery or does the micarta "suck" the oil up?

Thanks for the info.

I like using mineral oil. no odor, non-toxic (actually it used to be a popular laxative :barf: ) and it's cheap $2.32 at the pharmacy section of my local supermarket. I use it on the blades too that may see some food use :eek:

And if you ever get a little backed up.....well nevermind ;):p

I've used a number of different oils, just about any will work just don't use to much. I usually put a little on a cotton rag and wipe it on removing any excess and then use a dry part of the towel/rag to buff the handles and make sure there isn't any extra oil hiding out. If you rub it in good you won't even be able to tell the handles have oil on them, no loss of grip, no slick feeling etc.

Thanks for the tips guys. The mineral oil works great! Has a really nice effect on these scales.

Originally posted by Blade Babe
WD-40 works great also!

:D

BB

Stinky :) (no not you idaho). Someone here switched me over to mineral oil last year and it was the best thing I ever did for my handles. Really great stuff......

I use Mineral Oil also. It doesn't smell, and it isn't toxic, so if it gets on the blade (food prep) or your hands it's no big deal.
BTW, it also works well for stag...:D

I tried the sweaty palms method, but it didn't smell too nice.

I also gave my "green" scaled BA-E some mineral oil last night. Hmm, turns out they're actually black...I think. Anyone know if they are in fact supposed to be black? Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Chief_Wiggum
I also gave my "green" scaled BA-E some mineral oil last night. Hmm, turns out they're actually black...I think. Anyone know if they are in fact supposed to be black? Thanks for the info.

They are considered Black micarta handles, however many people mistakenly call them green. :D:D

Back