Ok, I Have This Pair of Hiking Boots That Don't Fit...

Brian Jones

They belonged to an ex-girlfriend, and I just found 'em in my house (hey, at least something worthwhile came out of that relationship... What do the forum members want me to try improvising out of them? I can see if I can post pictures, if I can make my scanner work (if I can't make it work I'll post this question again, only using the parts of the damn scanner).

I have already scrounged the shoelaces for my own boots, and one tongue is going to be the pocket for a sling I am making out of an old leather belt cut into rawhide strips (which will serve as the "sling-strings.")

Description: Leather, over-the-ankle (6" height) boots, rubber soles similar to Vibram, 8 flexible hoop-eyelets, six open hook-style eyelets, firm but pliable blackish/brown fully-leather uppers, tongue and uppers are insulated with unknown material behind cloth...

What do ya all want me to improvise?

Brian.

------------------
Suburbia: Where they tear out the trees, then name streets after them.

Find someone to put in them.

Still trying to do the same with a North Face bag from my ex...

------------------
"Women bring life into the world
and much death, for they sway the
destinies of men." -Anneas

I'd like you to improvise a loin cloth
biggrin.gif
or a thong. No pictures please
biggrin.gif

------------------
Greg Davenport
http://www.ssurvival.com
Are You Ready For The Challenge?
Are You Ready To Learn The Art Of Wilderness Survival?

I'm kinda with chris John on this one.
I've wondered where he disappeared to recently.
wink.gif

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Sorry, Greg -- I just don't have enough leather available for the front !
biggrin.gif

I've already found someone to put them on, but I didn't bother because they wouldn't fit her, and besides, inevitably, she'd get them on, then ask me where they came from...

"Why, my ex -- why do you ask?"

Even for her small size, if she kicked me with these boots on, well, then the loin cloth would fit on front...

DOH!

~B.

------------------
Suburbia: Where they tear out the trees, then name streets after them.

Back