Okay, which one?

:) Go for it Brian (and thanks for the welcome too!)

That said I think the BK-2 is a very good size for British bushcraft. In fact, I was out with mine earlier today in a cold, half-frozen half-damp British woodland. I think this sort of environment is where Beckers come into their own. You want a tool that will give you confidence, that you won't be afraid of getting dirty or damaged. And that's comfortable to use.

I was just playing today really - prying bark off dead standing birches for tinder, a bit of branch-chopping (leuku style, ie holding near the pommel - I thought I could have done with a lanyard though - round the thumb & back of the hand style), a bit of limbing, then finally making up a small fire. All good practice.

Previously I've prepared squirrels with my BK-11 & BK-2 combo, with the smaller necker doing the skinning & gutting & the BK-2 as a chopper to lop off legs & head.

I'm tempted to have a go with the larger Beckers, but I certainly haven't found my current two lacking in any way. They look the part too!

WELCOME!!!! Glad to see you over here DHD, that BK2 is a helluva workhorse, bar none.

Sounds like you got a good combo there, care to show us what they look like?:D

Once again, welcome.

Moose

WELCOME!!!! Glad to see you over here DHD, that BK2 is a helluva workhorse, bar none.

Sounds like you got a good combo there, care to show us what they look like?:D

Once again, welcome.

Moose

Thanks very much Moose. I thought your earlier post about cultural differences was spot on, by the way. I'll see what I can do about some photos soon!

Oh don't worry, the others are going to be mine one day. I'm just checking on which comes first.

Thanks for all the advice, smiles and welcome!

Claudiasboris

Back