Old CS Tanto handle deteriorating/people to replace it

ohen cepel

Gold Member
Hope someone can help me with this. I have an older, made in Japan brass handled tanto, pretty early knife and the rubber handle is rotting/deteriorating near the hilt.

Does anyone know if CS can fix this for me and if so method to do that? Or, if I should go to a custom person suggestions on people there?

Thanks in advance!

I called and asked Cold Steel about replacing the handle on a Magnum Tanto IX and they said it would cost me $50.00. It was a while back though but call them and check.

I thought those handles weren't suppose to rot or deteriorate. I suppose there is someone around here that could put a nice canvas, linen, paper micarta or some type of handle on it for you.

Not related, but I've got a Cold Steel Kobun that I've been wearing as a boot knife, and the textured handle portion near the base is being rubbed smooth from coming into contact with my leg so much.

I would think that over a long period of time and use, a rubber handle would wear down. I haven't used any of my rubber handled knives enough to cause that.

Back