Old Friends Friday

This find predates the demise of the old flea market, and that's a fur piece back.
fxhu89H.jpg

It had such a pronounced steeling cusp and hollow that I almost didn't buy it, but it was a Henckels Zwilling, and it was well under $5.
My recent gaucho enthusiasms made me notice that it needed a little more shaping and I'd left the new edge flat.
I think it's turned out quite elegant, and very sharp.

This find predates the demise of the old flea market, and that's a fur piece back.
fxhu89H.jpg

It had such a pronounced steeling cusp and hollow that I almost didn't buy it, but it was a Henckels Zwilling, and it was well under $5.
My recent gaucho enthusiasms made me notice that it needed a little more shaping and I'd left the new edge flat.
I think it's turned out quite elegant, and very sharp.
A very useful knife Jer :cool: :thumbsup:
That lamb is incredible.
Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:
Not the same one I started with but I have carried a 34OT for 40 years now. I guess that makes it an old friend…

IMG-1090.jpg
Definitely Jim :cool: :thumbsup:

A favorite old friend, my most frequently carried square bolster Medium Stockman. OH
Case_6332_Medium_Stockman_1978_(2).jpg
Lovely one Stockman Bruce :) :thumbsup:
Is that an 'Improved Muskrat' Jer?
I think so.
A friend of mine used to have a fear of eternity, which I think is rather rare. I'm there already: Friday? Sunday? Last week or last year? The eternal now. 😁
Here's a better svelteness shot:
DZ7za1E.jpg
LOL! :D Cool pic :cool: I had an acquaintance with a fear of tomatoes, and another with a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of his mouth! :D I had a knife like this as a boy, and r8shell r8shell sent me one just like it, half a dozen years back :) I keep it in my wallet :thumbsup:

I don't know what Schrade Cut Co called it. I think it's an improvement on the muskrat with two of the same blade; it's more versatile, and thinner and shorter than it would be with two long blades having to overlap.
and another with a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of his mouth!
Willie Garvin had a word for that. He'd cured an old girlfriend of it by teaching her to eat her toast upside down.
r8shell r8shell sent me one just like it, half a dozen years back
Rachel's been here six years already?

I don't know what Puma called this one either.
XtdGtvi.jpg

Real German blades assembled in China.
I see I haven't sharpened it.

Thank you Jack. Carrying a Schrade USA Ramrod 98OT today, not ancient but a good 30 years old. OH
Schrade_98OT_Ramrod_(USA-EDC).jpg
Very interesting Bruce, and it looks like a decent carry my friend :) :thumbsup:
I don't know what Schrade Cut Co called it. I think it's an improvement on the muskrat with two of the same blade; it's more versatile, and thinner and shorter than it would be with two long blades having to overlap.
I would think so too Jer :) :thumbsup:
Willie Garvin had a word for that. He'd cured an old girlfriend of it by teaching her to eat her toast upside down.
Lateral thinking! :D It's called arachibutyrophobia apparently :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Rachel's been here six years already?
Amazing isn't it?! :D ;)
I don't know what Puma called this one either.
XtdGtvi.jpg

Real German blades assembled in China.
I see I haven't sharpened it.
Looks like the 'SGB Senior' if I'm reading it right? :thumbsup:

Well, possibly.
Hk7rXUF.jpg

It looks from your card that now only the steel comes from Germany, and it's all made in China.
I hope the 13/ on mine and the 18/ on yours are years and not Rockwell ratings.
Yeah, reckon so mate :( I hadn't noticed that before! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Lovely one Stockman Bruce :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Cool pic :cool: I had an acquaintance with a fear of tomatoes, and another with a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of his mouth! :D I had a knife like this as a boy, and r8shell r8shell sent me one just like it, half a dozen years back :) I keep it in my wallet :thumbsup:

That’s a sweet knife. Wallet fish knife!!!! 💡
Very interesting Bruce, and it looks like a decent carry my friend :) :thumbsup:

I would think so too Jer :) :thumbsup:

Lateral thinking! :D It's called arachibutyrophobia apparently :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Amazing isn't it?! :D ;)

Looks like the 'SGB Senior' if I'm reading it right? :thumbsup:

Cool knife. Love Necco wafers. My wife absolutely despises them 😂

Back