Old Friends Friday

two old friends. 😁👍
I have not known them long, however, they are old. 😇
Robeson 622110 Large Jack (or is it a folding hunter?) from 1922 to 1939,
and a 4 Line 1930's to 1945 Camillus 33 EO Jack.
View attachment 2564351
These two (and a 1961 to 2003 Old Timer 8OT, and 1978 to 1986 4 pin 7OT with a 1095 blade.) are hogging pocket and carry time (Robeson and 7OT are each in a belt sheath.)

I REALLY like the jigged bone on these two ... and the 1095 blades, of course. 🥰
Two real beauties there.

When I get here ahead of Jack, I wonder if I've got the day wrong.
WHPi4qj.jpg

I gave this Camillus 49 to my dad about 1970. It shows more use than I'd thought it got.

A lush Kutmaster.
85IuoRv.jpg
Lush indeed! :cool: :thumbsup:
My brother's cub scout knife. (I'm surprised it survived)
View attachment 2564210
I'm surprised too, but I'm glad it did, it's a cool pattern :) :thumbsup:
two old friends. 😁👍
I have not known them long, however, they are old. 😇
Robeson 622110 Large Jack (or is it a folding hunter?) from 1922 to 1939,
and a 4 Line 1930's to 1945 Camillus 33 EO Jack.
View attachment 2564351
These two (and a 1961 to 2003 Old Timer 8OT, and 1978 to 1984 4 pin 7OT with a 1095 blade.) are hogging pocket and carry time (Robeson and 7OT are each in a belt sheath.)

I REALLY like the jigged bone on these two ... and the 1095 blades, of course. 🥰
Handsome pair Steve :) :thumbsup:
When I get here ahead of Jack, I wonder if I've got the day wrong.
WHPi4qj.jpg

I gave this Camillus 49 to my dad about 1970. It shows more use than I'd thought it got.
LOL! :D I'm having internet issue today :rolleyes: Cool pattern Jer, very elegant, I'm glad you have it my friend :) :thumbsup:
A top-notch favorite that deserves to be carried more often than it has been lately.

Churchill

xZk5bnL.png
A quality knife, for sure, James :thumbsup:

This mini Douk was a gift from a former member in Yorkshire :) I appreciate the simple quality of these knives :thumbsup:

A real pleasure to use!
Good to see you back, Jack. How was your holiday?
Thanks James, apart from getting attacked by a dog on my first day there, it was pretty quiet :rolleyes: I'm hoping to post some pics in the Guardians thread in a couple of days :thumbsup:
How mini is it?
You reminded me to check on my 3-inch Baraka.
kIB16tf.jpg
Cool Jer :) The Mini has a sub-3" blade to conform to UK EDC laws :thumbsup:

Thanks James, apart from getting attacked by a dog on my first day there, it was pretty quiet :rolleyes: I'm hoping to post some pics in the Guardians thread in a couple of days :thumbsup:
Dog attack is generally owner negligence, and unfortunately it can be traumatic.
Good to hear you survived, I'll look for your photos.

I seem to remember this Western BSA knife being my brother’s old friend. Found in my parent’s basement when looking for tools for a minor repair at their house. It was in a toolbox with a pipe wrench - I’m almost afraid to imagine what it was used for and how it got rusty…

KvgzmuD.jpeg

I’m trying to decide if I should take it apart to clean it, or just try to coat the rust inside the handle with oil as best I can.

I seem to remember this Western BSA knife being my brother’s old friend. Found in my parent’s basement when looking for tools for a minor repair at their house. It was in a toolbox with a pipe wrench - I’m almost afraid to imagine what it was used for and how it got rusty…

KvgzmuD.jpeg

I’m trying to decide if I should take it apart to clean it, or just try to coat the rust inside the handle with oil as best I can.
I'd soak it in neats' foot oil.

🤯😳😡☹️
I hope the pooch suffered the more severe/serious injuries. 😡🤬

An unprovoked attack SHOULD result in it being put down. NO exceptions. 🤬😡

"People" should keep their dogs with a history of attacking muzzled and restrained. 🤬😡
Well I didn't get kicked in the head! ;) I saw the same dog attacking cars and motorcycles a couple of days later 🤨
Dog attack is generally owner negligence, and unfortunately it can be traumatic.
Good to hear you survived, I'll look for your photos.
When I reported it at the hotel, they were quite blasé, only being surprised that it had happened so early in the season. Apparently, a lot of the hotel workers get/adopt dogs, and when they leave at the end of the season, they have to round-up the abandoned dogs! 🤨 Fortunately, the only injury was to my trousers, which had a piece tore out of them, otherwise I'd have had to go for rabies, tetanus, and GKWE shots :rolleyes:
View attachment 2568958 I got this from my late mother,she was a secretary in alot of work camps,and always had the respect of the men.
Lovely photo :) :thumbsup:

KvgzmuD.jpeg

It sure has some character Tom, cool that you have it :) :thumbsup:

When I reported it at the hotel, they were quite blasé, only being surprised that it had happened so early in the season. Apparently, a lot of the hotel workers get/adopt dogs, and when they leave at the end of the season, they have to round-up the abandoned dogs! 🤨 Fortunately, the only injury was to my trousers, which had a piece tore out of them, otherwise I'd have had to go for rabies, tetanus, and GKWE shots :rolleyes:
Gee, our customers usually get chew on much later in the season then this. We will need to increase your bill accordingly, sir!

GKWE shots ???

Sorry James, I've absolutely no idea what I meant by that! 😖 🤣 :thumbsup:

Edit - God Knows What Else! 🤣
The penny has dropped! :rolleyes:🤣:thumbsup:
🤣
I'm pretty sure this is a Camco, but if I tilt it another way it looks like Astemelusia (slight exaggeration).
Ci9su55.jpg

ZRVVpKF.jpg
LOL! :D Reminds me of that Italian pop song! :D :thumbsup:

Nice gift, Jack! If a person could only have one Gunstock it should be one of those ebony 44s.
I have had some wonderful knives from Campbellclanman Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:
Here's an Old Friend from...
2CT7Xrk.jpg

...showing a certain amount of use...
ubZbgwi.jpg

...but functions just right and still looks good.
B8UBnCU.jpg
It still looks GREAT James! :cool: :thumbsup:

KvgzmuD.jpeg

It’s all done but the sharpening. I ordered a replacement sheath rather than try to re-stitch the old one. The metal rivets on the sheath are rusting and falling off anyway.

iij0XHG.jpeg

wbTFlj9.jpeg

I realized the hatchet was BSA-stamped AFTER I attacked the rust on it with coarse sandpaper…

Back