Old Hickory Bushcraft Videos

I am thinking of getting about a dozen of these 7 inch butcher knives and cutting the blades down to about 4 inches and re shape them and then removing the wood handles and drill six small holes down the side for small pins and re-handling them and making a sheath and try and sell them at bike rally's.

I will post pictures when I do, I think they will look sharp.

I would love to see that.

Pics of my 8" slicers turned into wharncliffes. I hadn't handled them in a while, and they actually look better than I remembered. :D:thumbup:

Attachments

• 1103140008.jpg
    1103140008.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 1103140008a.jpg
    1103140008a.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 1103140008b.jpg
    1103140008b.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 40
7in butcher modded

Attachments

• Old Hickory mod 1.jpg
    Old Hickory mod 1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 33
Nice mods gents,

I like the Wharnies,

That blued/clipped butcher works for me too. What did you do to the handle?

Hi, I'm new to this sub-forum. I just wanted to thank Ontario for still making the Old Hickory. I recently bought an 8" slicer and I love it!. I'm going to mod it into a 4.5" clip point, but I'm so happy someone still sells an simple, honest to goodness knife without unnecessary bells and whistles.

Welcome, Dogstar! We love Old Hickory too. Still going strong after 90 (!) years.

We're glad to be here, we've been having a lot of fun since joining. I moderate this subforum, but really just let the community do what it will. If you ever have a question for me though, it won't take long for me to see it.

Back