Old Khukuree [WWI], New Scabbard [photos!]

Terry's beautiful reproduction of the WWI Maharajah of Jodhpur khukuri 'quick-draw' scabbard:

Dcp_1059.jpg

Dcp_1057.jpg

Dcp_1051.jpg

Dcp_1053.jpg

Dcp_1054.jpg

even reproduction chape!

sarki shop page here

Jodhpur khukuri photo gallery page

A very nice reproduction. It looks better than the original.

n2s

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for posting the pics, my brother did a excellent job welding the 2 pieces of the chape together. I could barely find the seam!
I like makeing these sheaths. I've made one all leather quickdraw sheath for a good friend of mine. I think they will become a regular sheath for the Sarki Shop.
God Bless
Terry

THAT is one terrific reproduction. The biggest problem with finding the "Jodphur" kukris (just finding an authentic one is tough enough)is that some part of the belt loop or holding strap and rivet are gone. I don't know how they survived any action. Great job.

Oh great! One more thing to spend money on!;)

Really nice work! Gonna start saving my pennies:D
-SB

Originally posted by T.Sisco
I'm glad you like it. Thanks for posting the pics, my brother did a excellent job welding the 2 pieces of the chape together. I could barely find the seam!

I spent a while looking for the seam myself!

Originally posted by T.Sisco
I like makeing these sheaths. I've made one all leather quickdraw sheath for a good friend of mine. I think they will become a regular sheath for the Sarki Shop.

I was looking for a reproduction scabbard - and as JP says, this is a fab one! - but I think the all-leather version might be more practical. One of the problems I assume that the original Jodhpur scabbards had is that, since they're partially open on the one side, if they take a sharp knock when the khukuri is drawn that the wood might tend to crack.

Well worth the money.

thanks again,
--B.

Thanks guys!
John,
It helped haveing a almost complete scabbard to copy. It's missing the brass stud and about a 1\4" of the retaining strap. It belongs to a friend and has been stayin at the Sarki Shop for study.
God Bless.
Terry

When Terry stops eating and starts working look out! Or is it the other way around?

Good stuff. Terry's been doing stuff for HI for 3 or 4 years and I've not been disappointed yet.

Skeletor,
Are you talking about all leather like the one above. A all leather quickdraw sheath will run $75+sh.
God Bless.
Terry

I was talking about the leather quick-draw at the top. I don't think I have $80 to spare right now but I will have to get myself one of those before I graduate high school. Thanks.

Back