Old lb7

Hi everyone new to the forum. I’ve been trying to get a date on my Schrade110 lookalike it’s very old maybe 50 years or so.the blade I’d is Schafer+ USA ltd serial number is 0084.can’t find anything online can someone point me in right direction it’s a 3 pin with the middle pin in the very middle of the 3 pins. Hope you can help

See this here from this thread if you want to know more https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lb7-bear-paw-lb-survey.457058/
So far, this is how the numbering system is shaking out:

First serial numbers were four place digits. I have 0326, so there is a 0001 out there, possibly a 0000, and a 9999.

Serials up to 17693 were produced in 1977.

Serial numbers 17694 - 334585 were produced in 1978 when 316,892 LB7's were made.

Serial numbers 334586 - 785250 were produced in 1979 when 450,665 LB7's were made.

Highest all numeric would be six places, 999999. I have recorded serial number 914569. Thus the first million knives had no alphas. This point was reached some time in 1980. A total of 1,106,906 LB7's had been produced by the end of that year.

When the single alphas were added, the serials still kept to six places max, so only 99,999 knives were made of each alpha. Lowest alpha recorded so far is A25594.

When the rotation went to double alphas, the serials went to seven places. I've recorded BB56630 as the highest double alpha. Some time after this, the serialization ended.

This is what I have so far.

That post is in the Schrade collectors forum here as well. You can have a moderator move your post there if you like to get more eyes on it.

He said it's a Schrade "lookalike".
Schrade110 lookalike it’s very old maybe 50 years or so.the blade I’d is Schafer+ USA ltd serial number is 0084.
No idea what a Schrade 110 lookalike is and have never heard of it.

He didn't mean that it is a Schrade lookalike. He meant a Schrade (comma) 110 lookalike. It is part of a limited edition for any one of many commemorative knives, either within Schrade, or for someone else by Schrade. The knife is probably a fairly late issue of an Uncle Henry LB-7, if it has handles (or covers) of a stabilized wood appearance. The earlier versions had four pins instead of three.

He didn't mean that it is a Schrade lookalike. He meant a Schrade (comma) 110 lookalike. It is part of a limited edition for any one of many commemorative knives, either within Schrade, or for someone else by Schrade. The knife is probably a fairly late issue of an Uncle Henry LB-7, if it has handles (or covers) of a stabilized wood appearance. The earlier versions had four pins instead of three.
From what we know, I'd agree with this assessment. Perhaps it once had a blade etch or original packaging which further identified the special issue or customer.

Agree...and that 'early' sheath would not be original, to that 'late' model LB7.....

Back