On a budget? Use sandpaper!

Using 220, 600, 1500, and 2000 grit paper, along with a loaded strop, I was able to get a mora hair wittling sharp.

I used BRKT's convex sharpening method, mousepad and sandpaper. There is virtually no learning curve, just make you stop the tip and dont let it drag off the sandpaper. Also work up a bur on ever grit.

I was trying to convex my Mora Craftsmen, but got lazy. The grind is slightly hollow, so the paper only hits the edge and the top of the bevel. Oh well, whatever, after repeated sharpening, it'll fully convex itself.

Check it out!

IMG_3339.jpg

The most important thing is to WORK UP A BURR ON ALL GRITS YES EVEN 2000, then knock it off with the strop, using light pressure.

I used wetndry sandpaper, but no water is needed. Just clean the paper w/ ur shirt. I also reuse the papers. I find that with a quick wipe, they work almost or close to good as new. Been using the same 4 sheets for like 4 knives, all of them reprofiled (west kinda reprofiled on the mora) and they still work fine.

With the 2000 grit try to work off as much of the burr as possible before you get to the strop, you will be surprised with the results.

Good job though, those moras can get sharp.

Back