Ontario RD7's being put up for auction frequently

Hey all, just curious what your thoughts are on this. Since the Ontario RD7 has been discontinued for almost ten years now, they are very hard to find. However, I've noticed this seller on ebay frequently puts up these RD7's with serrations and paracord wrapped handle all the time and they look brand new and they look legit with the markings. Should I be skeptical? Does someone have a large cache of these blades without the scales? And I'm talking every month this seller puts them up for auction in the same picture configuration but with different colored paracord wrap. What do you all think? Are these reproductions or knockoffs or the real RD7's in 5160 steel?

I think i know who you are talking about. I have won one of his RD-7s before and used it. It seems to be a legit a RD-7 though I just put it through general camp use/yard clearing and nothing to abusive. It doesn't seem to be a fake and I have compared it to an RD-6 that is for sure legitimate. I just wish he would sell some of the non serrated versions or put up a signature series.

I got 3 RD7s, more usable than the RD6 I'd say. But one had such a bad temper it would chip out on green twiggy bush twigs! But the other two are freaking great! I'd call it one off oopsie that got through. My go to knife normally was my RD7s, but my RDNS7 took over the hunting knife slot.

I agree. I have both a RD6 and the RD7 I won off the ebay guy and I truely do prefer the RD7 as my all arpund campknife/shtf/hunting knife. I live in hurricane country and its come quite in handy for that as well.

Ive handle someone elses RD7 and i can safly say the ebay one seems exactly like my friends (sans the sheath and handle scales) put of curiosity I spoke to the ebay guy and he said he won a large lot of of the ranger variety blades and typically puts one up one at a time or about once a month. He had a bigger variety at first but its greatly dwindle and hes almost out (he may have just been saying that, but i have watched him for some time and he seems to be telling the truth. Ive only seen the RD7 with half serrations and not the smooth blade version in a while)

I can't say enough about the ranger series and I really am sad that they seem to be discontinued. Ive been such a big fan of big 1/4th inch thick blades and its hard to find them at a decent price. I highly recommend if you come across one, even if it doesnt have the sheath or handles, I would nab it.

Back