Ontario Sp5 Review

Nice review! I appreciate reviews where people include the negative aspects of products. Nothing is perfect, so I am skeptical when I read reviews that are all rosy. It is sad to see so many videos that are nothing more then unboxing videos where people praise products becuase they just forked over money for them and will not say anything about the product. And most people do not want to test products to the point of failure.

What I would like to see from Ontario Knife Company is some of their own videos on Youtube. It is a great way to advertise. Not only tests and descriptions of knives, but also tours of the knife factory. I saw one small manufacturer testing his knives by putting them in a vise and bending them until they snapped. I didn't think knives could bend over 45 degrees. They did not straighten out completely and were ruined, but the torture tests show quite a bit and are more interesting to watch then all the survival people using knives as axes to prove how good they are.

Nice review! I appreciate reviews where people include the negative aspects of products. Nothing is perfect, so I am skeptical when I read reviews that are all rosy. It is sad to see so many videos that are nothing more then unboxing videos where people praise products becuase they just forked over money for them and will not say anything about the product. And most people do not want to test products to the point of failure.

What I would like to see from Ontario Knife Company is some of their own videos on Youtube. It is a great way to advertise. Not only tests and descriptions of knives, but also tours of the knife factory. I saw one small manufacturer testing his knives by putting them in a vise and bending them until they snapped. I didn't think knives could bend over 45 degrees. They did not straighten out completely and were ruined, but the torture tests show quite a bit and are more interesting to watch then all the survival people using knives as axes to prove how good they are.

This is something we've done a very little bit of, and that we'd like to do more. One of those "only so many hours in the day" kind of issues. We have a few ideas for videos though, and hopefully you'll see them relatively soon.

This is something we've done a very little bit of, and that we'd like to do more. One of those "only so many hours in the day" kind of issues. We have a few ideas for videos though, and hopefully you'll see them relatively soon.

Well if it helps I decided to purchase 4 knives from your company based on one review I saw on Nutnfancy's review of the SP50. But to make some short few minute videos on the design, selection of steel, heat treating, finishing, and sharpening process should be fairly easy. Then besides sales you also get feedback thru the comments.

Well if it helps I decided to purchase 4 knives from your company based on one review I saw on Nutnfancy's review of the SP50. But to make some short few minute videos on the design, selection of steel, heat treating, finishing, and sharpening process should be fairly easy. Then besides sales you also get feedback thru the comments.

I absolutely agree with that, and it's been something of a goal of ours. The solution so far has been to support people who do good reviews on YouTube whenever we can (we have good relationships with hosts of a lot of channels), but we'd like to get in the game a bit more ourselves.

Here's a brief one we did, without thinking through the possible outcomes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owsm5g35jKU

I have a review in the works for two more Ontario knives, and what I am really excited about is the comparison that I will be doing. :)

Once that is done, I will be selling the knives, and buying Khukuris. I will need to get my hands on the Ontario Khuk for that.

But let me just say, the Ontario Khuk is a WAY underrated knife. I purchased one for my gatherings birthday, and that knife is AWESOME! Perfect grinds, and hair popping sharpness from ricasso to tip. I cant wait to get one!

I absolutely agree with that, and it's been something of a goal of ours. The solution so far has been to support people who do good reviews on YouTube whenever we can (we have good relationships with hosts of a lot of channels), but we'd like to get in the game a bit more ourselves.

Here's a brief one we did, without thinking through the possible outcomes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owsm5g35jKU

Well you have 500 views for that video and somehow even 7 likes, but sadly I don't think you would get one sale from that demo. And the hardness test looks more interesting, but is still under 1 minute. Maybe you could expand on that and explain the test more and different steels. Maybe the science behind it or the method for hardening the steel. You can get thousands of views and it costs almost nothing. It is sad to see 8 year olds make videos with intros and backgound music and banners for things like video games and then companies that can really use youtube to make money unable to do something similar. But few people are going to do a real test on a product they spent money on, so many of the reviews on youtube really are nothing more than unboxing videos.

bump'

I traded a fishing reel for this knife and made my annual snow hike yesterday . I take a different knife every year . I tried to start a fire but even though it threw sparks it was just to clumsy to do a good job and I ended up using a pocket knife . The rest of the day was used for chopping limbs that have grown in the path . It really worked well for that . My brothers kept making fun of it calling it a Crocodile Dundee knife but they were impressed with how sharp it was . This is the biggest knife I own and I think it will reside in the vehicle for a year . I'll go back to this area in the spring for a bank fishing trip and take this blade to clear an area to fish from .When the river gets swollen the catfish , carp , suckers... congregate in a creek there . I'll set the poles out and play with this beast in between bites . This is the type of knife that you set up camp , stick it in a tree and its there for whoever needs it .

Back