Opinions please Ontario / Bagwell bowies

I'm new here, so if I've posted this in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one.
I purchased 2 of the Ontario / Bill Bagwell bowies several months ago on a whim, a Hell's Belle and a Gambler. They're big, nice and impressive looking. But I've have been too busy with other things to even get to know them. They're still sitting in their boxes in the safe.
I am wondering what other people's opinions of them are. How is the overall quality? They look good, but look's can be deceiving, as we all know. How practical is the blade catcher on the Belle? Other thoughts?
I am not sure if I'll keep them or try and trade or sell them somewhere down the road for something else. Convince me.
Thanks in adance for your input.
:D

Welcome to BladeForums! We hope to hear from you more.

These knives have been discussed quite a bit in previous threads. To review that information, you may want to run a search. You'll find everything from custom carry systems to performance tests to handle replacements.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the information, I took your advice.
I just spent about 1 & 1/2 hours going through the previous posts concerning the Ontario Bagell Bowies with the 2 I had purchased here at the desk to compare against what I was reading.
Now I have an additional problem...whether to get rid of as I had at first thought, or to keep and invest more money in them in the area of custom sheaths and handle work!
Thanks again and take care.

Back