Order up! Modded Ti Backpacker

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just finished this one up a minute ago, it is a modified Ti Backpacker. It has a bottle opener, sculpted black/blue G10 scales and flared Ti tubes for secure attachment. It's 100% ground by hand as always and the zero bevel chisel/scandi grind is very sharp! It is carbidized with 70-80 RC Tungsten Carbide for maximum edge retention.

This my first signed Titanium knife, check the new signature.

013-1.jpg

001-4.jpg

010-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

020.jpg

WOW...this one looks amazing!!! What are the specs and price Daniel? Great job!!!!!

:D Thanks! It is roughly 5.5" long with a 2" blade and made from .090 6Al4V Ti stock. The knife, sheath and necker cord weigh in at a total of 3 ounces! :eek:

I'm taking orders on these for $120, that includes the sheath and shipping. No fees!

That is, without a doubt, the BEST "necker" I have ever seen.

Way to go sir!

I like this overall design. big tubes, stubby G10 scale, choil and blade profile, NICE.. I need to get something like this, minus the Ti with a tiny longer blade. I have plenty of Ti I think... we'll talk later about this knife when I can afford to pay you :]

I like this overall design. big tubes, stubby G10 scale, choil and blade profile, NICE.. I need to get something like this, minus the Ti with a tiny longer blade. I have plenty of Ti I think... we'll talk later about this knife when I can afford to pay you :]

Sounds excellent! The new Santoku and Bushcraft will be cool too, then the Wakichete! :cool:

That. Is. Awesome.

Daniel- This might be a good candidate for the order we discussed a few months ago for delivery early august. Having the grip would be a bonus.

The scales with the large tubes look great. This forum is enjoyable in the unexpected way of seeeing a talented knife maker's craft evolve.

That. Is. Awesome.

Daniel- This might be a good candidate for the order we discussed a few months ago for delivery early august. Having the grip would be a bonus.
Sounds excellent, Yhanks! You mentioned a mark too, I'm on it! :D

Looks great!
Thank you sir!

The scales with the large tubes look great. This forum is enjoyable in the unexpected way of seeeing a talented knife maker's craft evolve.

Much appreciated! I do feel like things are slowly falling into place. Thanks!

Dude, I really like that. But now I feel that my carbidized backpacker is missing something...hmmm...

dammit Dan...Ill do one of these too...youre gonna get my whole paycheck :D cghinky@yahoo.com (at least this one and the legal carry prototype can be shipped together)

Last edited:
I don't care for blue in knife handles,but it sure works on that one.
Great looking little knife Daniel,love the tubes too.

Did you happen to get the pics of it after you did the flame carbidization?

I never did, it has been snowing here and the lighting is pretty bad. I got some nice flames on it then blended them in with more heat coloring, it looks really good. Sorry I didn't get them but I think you'll love it, they came out nicely!

Back