Order Update

JK Knives

As most of you already know, I had an allergic reaction a few days ago. My eyes are both open now, but my face is still red and raw, when I blow my nose it feels like I'm trying to rip it off my face.
This will delay orders a bit until it's cleared up. If anyone needs to cancel their order, I understand. This is just one of the reasons I don't take payment in advance.
I have a new respirator coming this week, I am throwing the old one away, I'm afraid it might be contaminated, I'm also going to try out a full face shield.
Contact me if you want to cancel your order.
Thanks,
John

have you considered making a downdraft table for your sanding/grinding stations?

have you considered making a downdraft table for your sanding/grinding stations?

What I do now, is I have a fan directly behind whichever grinder I am using, blowing out the window right behind the bench. I also have a fan behind me blowing the dust towards the other fan. I think where I went wrong was touching my face afterwards, I never had a problem with rosewood before, was not expecting any problems. My mistake!

Could be something that increased exposure has brought on. Glad you are on the mend. If you hear from me, it will only be about another order!

What I do now, is I have a fan directly behind whichever grinder I am using, blowing out the window right behind the bench. I also have a fan behind me blowing the dust towards the other fan. I think where I went wrong was touching my face afterwards, I never had a problem with rosewood before, was not expecting any problems. My mistake!

Most woods are irritants but Rosewoods tend to be worse, spalted woods could also be bad because of the fungus. Glad you're better!

Wood Toxicity and Allergen Chart
http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/wood-allergies-and-toxicity/

Hope you're better soon. I'm NOT canceling anything! I can wait as long as it takes.

You don't have to worry about this first time buyer, John! Take care of yourself; that's what's most important.

thanks for the update John. no worries here. wishing you a speedy recovery.

Good to see most are fine with the delay. Hopefully I'll be in the shop next Monday. I'm feeling better, but my face is so raw I can't put my mask on right now.

John, I have always been impressed by your work ethic, and feeling concerned that a few days out of the shop will impact your schedule. Most people that know you and your work have no problem with a small hiccup in production. I was out of service for 2 months with pneumonia, talk about putting a hiccup in production, LOL. Granted, what I do is not a full time business, but I do share the same concern for the delay in getting customer work completed.

Get some moisturizer from Connie for your face, it'll be smooth as a baby's butt in no time! Get well soon!

Good to see most are fine with the delay. Hopefully I'll be in the shop next Monday. I'm feeling better, but my face is so raw I can't put my mask on right now.

you better take care of that face. i mean, that's your real money-maker! :D

One of the prescriptions is a steroid, all I want to do is eat! I remember when Hanna had to take them, she was the same way.

Back