Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

Im going to unlock this thread at 7pm then drive home, so there may be a delay in my replies, anyone that claims a knife I will respond my 8pm.
Good Luck Everyone!

Wow!!! This batch of knives is stellar Chris! That purple Mamushi is my favorite and the Chef Knife! Awesome. Congrats to everyone who got on, I can't imagine the Bowie will last long.

Oyster Oyster - 1/8" cuts just fine. Chris does them right, don't get overly bent out of shape over 1/16 of an inch... (or chasing overly thin knives for that matter). I have some here from Chris that might as well be a prybar by some standards and they are quite slicey.

That Trailhand still available nearly matches your Warthog ;) it's 3/32" to boot

Oyster Oyster - 1/8" cuts just fine. Chris does them right, don't get overly bent out of shape over 1/16 of an inch... (or chasing overly thin knives for that matter). I have some here from Chris that might as well be a prybar by some standards and they are quite slicey.

That Trailhand still available nearly matches your Warthog ;) it's 3/32" to boot

Yes, I agree. In fact, I was rather leaning the other way - towards 1/8“ - for a blade approaching (or exceeding) 4“. Having said that, the difference is even smaller than what you stated - only 1/32nd of an inch...
A Trailhand is very high on my list and I have been considering it. In addition to my new Warthog, I also have another similarly-sized knife in OD micarta (I do love OD micarta) so that I thought i‘d like to mix it up a little. Especially as I have seen the beautiful work Chris has done with wood. Your Trailhand, for example, is a favorite that I have admired in many a picture. Just waiting for the right one. Taking a gamble here and waiting to see what this week‘s batch will reveal.

ETA: Another 2 or 3 or ... OKTs are definitely in my future. The Warthog was merely the first. Since December I have taken receipt of 5 knives. I have volunteered that I live in NYC, but I didn’t say I was wealthy ;). I need to rein it in a little...say, at least for a week :D OKTs bring to mind the old saying “I can resist everything except temptation” (yes, there was a time I smoked Chesterfields).

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. In fact, I was rather leaning the other way - towards 1/8“ - for a blade approaching (or exceeding) 4“. Having said that, the difference is even smaller than what you stated - only 1/32nd of an inch...
A Trailhand is very high on my list and I have been considering it. In addition to my new Warthog, I also have another similarly-sized knife in OD micarta (I do love OD micarta) so that I thought i‘d like to mix it up a little. Especially as I have seen the beautiful work Chris has done with wood. Your Trailhand, for example, is a favorite that I have admired in many a picture. Just waiting for the right one. Taking a gamble here and waiting to see what this week‘s batch will reveal.

ETA: Another 2 or 3 or ... OKTs are definitely in my future. The Warthog was merely the first. Since December I have taken receipt of 5 knives. I have volunteered that I live in NYC, but I didn’t say I was wealthy ;). I need to rein it in a little...say, at least for a week :D OKTs bring to mind the old saying “I can resist everything except temptation” (yes, there was a time I smoked Chesterfields).
I have an extra OK&T OD micarta trail hand that I might let go. Unused and unsharpened. That said you might grab the one from last night which helps Chris!

Back