Osprey K/T Sales Thread 7/28/16

:thumbup::eek: The taper on that Recon is insane! The handle looks real good too. Wish I had the funds for it.

Stunning knives.
Sounds like you need to show some lovin' to the Scandi's :thumbup::thumbup:

The hamons looks great. That Recon though... would have been mine if our dryer didn't try to tap out last night. Someone better act fast before I decide my ghetto fix on the control board is good enough

The hamons looks great. That Recon though... would have been mine if our dryer didn't try to tap out last night. Someone better act fast before I decide my ghetto fix on the control board is good enough

I have a solution for you!! Say "Hello Recon!" :)

Sweet bunch of knives tonight! Please do more with hamon!

Thanks, already on it. Heatreating somemore tomorrow!

:thumbup::eek: The taper on that Recon is insane! The handle looks real good too. Wish I had the funds for it.

Thank you Gus!

Congrats Cubby, nice snag.

Some great knives Chris [emoji106]

Thanak you Abe, I know Cody really wanted one of the Warthogs. I am glad he got one.

awesome batch this week; the Warthogs are damn sweet

Thank you Fatboyclone, somemore coming down the line soon!

Stunning knives.
Sounds like you need to show some lovin' to the Scandi's :thumbup::thumbup:

I am planning making here scandis soon!

Thank you Daniel, better get that Dryer fixed. If its still around when you ready you let me know.

I have a solution for you!! Say "Hello Recon!" :)

LMAO you guys crack me up sometimes. I got a good laugh out of this one. Got to love that Redneck ingenuity!

Please forgive my mung on your sales thread but this is a really fine set of knives with some unique features. The natural liners with black pinstripes is a great combo, it looks very natural and almost organic on the Warthog with the Karelian birch. It's not a combo we've seen much of from the Forge, at least not that I recall any time recently. The work on the Recon is absolutely stunning, :thumbup: for the fat orange liners. The glow in the dark burlap is pretty amazing, I wonder what it looks like in the bright daylight. Tapered 3/32? Wow.

Thank you for displaying spine shots of your knives in your sales threads, I think it helps immensely. As in making it immensely hard to resist the commando EDU. But I'm wiped, two Kepharts on their way in and a new camera last week. Ouch.

Badglide9705, I cannot stop staring at your Warthog. I'm usually not much for wood scales but I believe I would own that knife. I love it.

Last edited:
Thanks man! A while back I bought a Warthog with red Karelian birch and I thought that was fantastic! But Chris has some hidden talents [hamon] and here I am again! Love his work.

Please forgive my mung on your sales thread but this is a really fine set of knives with some unique features. The natural liners with black pinstripes is a great combo, it looks very natural and almost organic on the Warthog with the Karelian birch. It's not a combo we've seen much of from the Forge, at least not that I recall any time recently. The work on the Recon is absolutely stunning, :thumbup: for the fat orange liners. The glow in the dark burlap is pretty amazing, I wonder what it looks like in the bright daylight. Tapered 3/32? Wow.

Thank you for displaying spine shots of your knives in your sales threads, I think it helps immensely. As in making it immensely hard to resist the commando EDU. But I'm wiped, two Kepharts on their way in and a new camera last week. Ouch.

Badglide9705, I cannot stop staring at your Warthog. I'm usually not much for wood scales but I believe I would own that knife. I love it.

No worries I always enjoy reading the compliments. I really like using the black liners with woods to gie as you say and organic look. You are correct as well they are not currently using black as a pinstripe. The Toxic Glow Burlap looks very similar to Terra Cotta Burlap in the Daylight. You can charge it with a flashlight and make it glow during the day for a few short minutes but from my experince with it its best if left out in the light for awhile then you can really see it glow in the dark. Its pretty cool stuff I wish I had more.

First one out the gate! Its yours. This one is really cool and the last of the material I had.

Insert a shipping delay in the Atlanta hub and a short family vacation but I just got the "Glowhog" today annnd ..

I REALLY like it a bunch! It is a great EDC sized knife (my first Warthog), very comfortable and nimble in the hand and this one is super light. Not sure if that's typical or if the handle material is extra light.

The Mamushi from last week also arrived and I'm looking forward to using that one too. I'm going to give it it's 2 week Camellia oil bath break-in first. (oil also arrived today)

Very difficult to say if I like one more than the other. It could just be Chris' entire line is awesome.

Thanks,
Jerry

Insert a shipping delay in the Atlanta hub and a short family vacation but I just got the "Glowhog" today annnd ..

I REALLY like it a bunch! It is a great EDC sized knife (my first Warthog), very comfortable and nimble in the hand and this one is super light. Not sure if that's typical or if the handle material is extra light.

The Mamushi from last week also arrived and I'm looking forward to using that one too. I'm going to give it it's 2 week Camellia oil bath break-in first. (oil also arrived today)

Very difficult to say if I like one more than the other. It could just be Chris' entire line is awesome.

Thanks,
Jerry

Thank you for the update Jerry, The G10 is actually a bit heavier than most materials I use. But we are talking grams difference from one to the next. A wooden handle like Birch or something like that would be the lightest.

Back