Osprey Knife & Tool Work in Progress Photo's 7/9/16

Here are some pictures of what I have been working on the past week.

Hosted on Fotki

Recurve Flat grinds!

Hosted on Fotki

This is what happens to blades that don't meet the cut. I abuse them and play with them until I get bored. I then throw them in the a box never to been seen again.

Hosted on Fotki

Some blades freshly textured and ready for Heat Treatment.

The top picture here is 3/32 tapered tang

Hosted on Fotki

1/8" tapered tang

Hosted on Fotki

Glueing up some knives, the EDU has 2 unique qualities. It is the first with a lanyard hole and its a hollow grind!

Hosted on Fotki

Ranger with a Swedge

Hosted on Fotki

Rough shaping completed on 2 they will change shape some more as I tune them up by hand with the file.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

In this picture I am preparing the flats for texturing by sanding to a 320 grit

Hosted on Fotki

Partially Textured Ferox

Hosted on Fotki

Freshly textured Ferox

Hosted on Fotki

More Textured blades ready to go into the oven

Hosted on Fotki

I shaped this handles yesterday and will be finishing them up this week

Hosted on Fotki

More to come as time permits. I hope you enjoy this little preview into the process and stages of completion.

That Ferox looks great! When is it going to be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you
It will probably be ready the week of the 20th I just got done heat treating it today and will glue a handle on it this week.

I've been looking for something outside of the norm for me and that really fits the bill. What handle material are you planning?

I've been looking for something outside of the norm for me and that really fits the bill. What handle material are you planning?

Some Kind of Canvas on Linen Micarta I need to see what I have in 3/8" Thickness

Nice! I'll be on the lookout for that one posting.

Nice! I'll be on the lookout for that one posting.

Sweet! I will post work in progress photos so you should know when its coming up. Also if you are not already following me on Instagram I would recommend it. Its an easy way to see what I am up to and what other IG users are posting about Osprey Knife & Tool

Sweet! I will post work in progress photos so you should know when its coming up. Also if you are not already following me on Instagram I would recommend it. Its an easy way to see what I am up to and what other IG users are posting.

I don't do Instagram but that may change soon. I am subscribed to your forum so whatever gets posted I see pretty fast, I'll have to be quick on the draw!

Back