Otto's Prize - a report from TB

Otto: I have some good news and bad news. Here's a quote from Lalit's last letter:

The prize winning khukuri has become a problem
for TB he says. It has been carefully and beautifully made but it was
cracked twice after tempering. He says either it was over heated, over
tempered or
unbalanced. Third attempt is going to be perfect one - he added.

Well, you can see that TB is personally forging this khukuri, and is making sure it is done perfectly. The bad news is that it is not finished yet! But I think, Otto, that you will have one of the best khukuris ever made in the 10 years or so that he's been sending khukuris to the US.

People who aren't Otto (myself included): Once Otto's prize is here and has been received by him, we'll take orders for a LIMITED EDITION production run of these babies. Of course, I'll make a few more, but that will be it. No idea about the cost (will be less than the WWIII for sure, due to no stateside finishing work). I'm praying that by the time we do this, all of the WWIIIs will be safely in the hands of the new owners. In fact, we won't entertain orders for the Otto special until the WWIII project is done. I don't want any more delays with the WWIII. I hope you all understand.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Indeed we do understand, Craig. We support you 100% in whatever decisions you have to make. After all, you're the guy in the driver's seat.

Back