Outfitter Knives, Frank Vought, Imagery, Materials and whatnot sought.....

Good Day,

I am looking for any and all material to be found about 'Frank Vought's knives, and his production work, 'Outfitter Knives'.

Magazine Articles
Old Catalogs

Any imagery of his work.

Marion, I have one of Mr. Vought's last knives. a 4 3/8" drop point hunter with Ryanite handle, and Kydex sheath. It's hollow ground ATS-34 stainless, and may hae been ground by eithr Larry Harley, or John Greco. Mr. Vought was in bad health at the time, eventually leading to his death less than a month later. rind lines are perfect ,it really holds an edge.
I don;t use the knife much, as I had ordered a 5" out of 5/32, with a small handle and got 4 3/8 " out of 3/16 with a medium handle. The knife balances perfectly, but is uncomfortable for me. So, it spends most of its time in my drawer. i think I may stillhave one of Mr Voughts old brochures too

Here is a scan I've already sent Marion. I figure more folks might want to see it too:)

Ravenn- Cool, and if you every get a chance to find that info, I would be happy to cover reproduction and shipping.

Bill- Sweet Piece. Nice Blade/Handle Angle. And I especially like that blade shape.

Back