Passaround observations

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Just got the PSK Sr. back today. WOW, it got used extensively. To mine and I'm sure everyone elses standards the edge was DULL but..... it still cut. The only area that would not bite was the curve just behind the tip. I was able to still get curls off of a piece of hardwood using the edge forward of the ricasso. With it being in deperate need of resharpening, I wanted to see how long it would take to resharpen if done in the field. I used Eze-Lap sharpeners. Coarse, medium, fine and super fine. Plus my strop loaded with compound. I was able to get it back to shaving hair in 20 minutes. I took measurements of the blade and was very pleased that there was no loss of steel or damage. I was able to restore original edge as if never used. All in all, I'm very happy with the results of this passaround and would like to thank all who participated. Just goes to show, O1 is kick ass tool steel. :D
Scott

Sweet Scott. You make a fine knife my friend. I can't wait to see who gets it in the raffle!

Brett

I had a fun time with it and feel the passaround was a great benefit to all. When is the drawing for this bad boy and can we expect more pass arounds in the future?

Scott, Thanks for the opportunity. The knife was great and your awesome for letting us do this.

I look forward to seeing another passaround.

I'd love to see a PSK passaround! Like it needs more publicity, but its' such a great knife.

I'm just waiting for swoop to put up his review to make sure he's eligible for the drawing and then we'll proceed with the passaround drawing.

Thanks!
Brett

Back