PayPal

This is news to me since most knife supply companies take PayPal. I have never had an issue and pay for 99% of my knife supply and knife purchases by PayPal..

I believe that they restrict the sale of knives deemed illegal such as switchblades and hidden/disguised knives.

And even if they did restrict knife and gun sales that doesn't make them a "horrible company". I know a lot of people who don't like guns and guns the way some of us do, and they aren't horrible people.

my paypal email address has the word "knives" in it. i have been helped by customer service on the phone in the past. i am guessing if knives were a red flag they might have noticed by now. on facebook, i am in many knife groups. a few times a month, someone proclaims "paypal shut my account down and kept my money for no reason !". then you find out all of their online deals in the past 2 years were to "friends and family" to cheat paypal out of their percentage. paypal does not enjoy working for free.

I’ve used PayPal for hundreds of transactions including a few hundred for my own sales. Never had any problems. I don’t like their fees buts it’s simply more convenient to use . I’ve been using zelle a lot more lately

ditto all of the above never had an issue with them, I see the drop after earnings as a way to get a good price on a good stock but don't take my advice.

my paypal email address has the word "knives" in it. i have been helped by customer service on the phone in the past. i am guessing if knives were a red flag they might have noticed by now. on facebook, i am in many knife groups. a few times a month, someone proclaims "paypal shut my account down and kept my money for no reason !". then you find out all of their online deals in the past 2 years were to "friends and family" to cheat paypal out of their percentage. paypal does not enjoy working for free.
Me too , and everyone else I guess ?
Who does not like it , let him deliver in person 🤣

This is news to me since most knife supply companies take PayPal. I have never had an issue and pay for 99% of my knife supply and knife purchases by PayPal..

I believe that they restrict the sale of knives deemed illegal such as switchblades and hidden/disguised knives.

And even if they did restrict knife and gun sales that doesn't make them a "horrible company". I know a lot of people who don't like guns and guns the way some of us do, and they aren't horrible people.
What makes them a horrible company is the non-transparent, inconsistent and punitive nature of how they handle their TOS and perceived violations of the TOS. It's outlined in this article https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...after-freezing-seizing-funds-lawsuit-alleges/

We have run millions of dollars of knife sales through PayPal over the years without a single incident. I heard they used to be a bad company with some shady dealings a long time ago (stealing your money because of made-up issues) but they seem to have their act together pretty well now. I have no complaints.

Edit: I do have one complaint... Their documents for bookkeeping are so messy and difficult to grok that our bookkeepers doubled their rates to almost 10K/year because of PP. We tried looking at other alternatives to PP and ran into the "you sell knives, that's no good" problem and decided to stick with PP. I suspect one reason their documentations are such a clusterfuc is they intend to offer bookkeeping services of their own at some point and they want it to be an incomprehensible mess.

Last edited:
I use Paypal almost exclusively. I have a disclaimer on all my invoices stating "Do not use "friends and family" for payment.
I have been using them for at least 20 years without a problem.

If they deem the knives you make as "weapons" they can and have shutdown accounts, some people get their money back some do not.

Now I move the money quickly and only leave a couple hundred in it.

If they deem the knives you make as "weapons" they can and have shutdown accounts, some people get their money back some do not.

Now I move the money quickly and only leave a couple hundred in it.
Exactly. I’ve been told non kitchen knife sales violate their TOS and they would shut down my account. Directly from their mouth. Which I was I pay more to use a high risk merchant service. It’s certainly not about avoiding fees as I pay a slightly higher total percentage elsewhere.

Back