Phill Hartsfield KWAIKEN - AIKUICHI - KOZUKA (VIDEO) New VIDEO Page 17

Hey Doug,

I'm debating on leaving the hot rolled finish on the flats, just cuz... So, if I do, I'm thinking it'll be between .275" and .300" thick, and maybe a 7" blade. Ground on both sides, for this one. Got some new steel I've been itching to try. :D

Thanks Matt,

I can't wait to see the video of all of our blades.

Such a cool thread.

Kickass Ben!!!!

Joey, I have grave doubts about my rendition of Phill's sheath. I very much hope it doesn't suck. I know we've spoken about it, and now I'm really feeling the pressure. I very much wish I'd made my own style of sheath for this project, as I have complete confidence in it, but I suppose I wouldn't have learned anything following that path, and would not have been in keeping with the spirit of this thread. Alas, for not having more time!!!

Adam, your 'rough' finish is way better than mine. I couldn't make mine look that way, try as I might. Just didn't feel right, to me. Your's looks great.

Was up late rough profiling a piece with sori, and a slightly longer blade, out of MUCH thicker stock. If only I can get this confounded roof done. Stay tuned...

Matt I'm sure it's going to be great buddy :)

Hey Doug,

I'm debating on leaving the hot rolled finish on the flats, just cuz... So, if I do, I'm thinking it'll be between .275" and .300" thick, and maybe a 7" blade. Ground on both sides, for this one. Got some new steel I've been itching to try. :D

That sounds very cool

Ben thank you so much for making me this variant. I shall treasure it, and it will be carried.

Brother you have to STOP putting up these vids........you are costing me a fortune!:D

I am so pleased you are getting one my dear friend

You will love it

Carry it in the best of health

Many thanks Ben for building one for me, much appreciated.
Joe, you really got the ball rolling. :thumbup: :cool:

Doug

You guys are gonna love these big utility scalpels :)

Especially the way they are sheathed

Give it time to get used to this type of carry

It really works

I thank you all for all the makers here that are contributing to this thread and for all the interest

Many thanks Ben for building one for me, much appreciated.
Joe, you really got the ball rolling. :thumbup: :cool:

Doug

Glad you snagged one Doug.

Here is the result of the drawing a page back. You'll have to check out my other thread to See Joes version taking shape.

Ben

This will see a lot of use my friend

I can only imagine how good your second metal sheath will be figuring your first was terrific :)

Thank you

Damn so much man love in here! :D

Nice blades in here...

Josh, I know you've had some hard times in the past, I hope you get through your current sadness with as little pain as possible. Make a knife, hell, let's make a knife for this thread- late is better than never... and I'll claim it w/o seeing it as I know you can put out something that will hold up against anything out there. Even this crowd :)

-Chris

I think Josh is busy with his new girl friend :D

Adam- gah, hopefully it is "just" life being busy with girlfriend... even so, everything else that I said still stands!

EDIT: also I would like to see Erin Burke come up with a build... :)

...late is better than never... and I'll claim it w/o seeing it as I know you can put out something that will hold up against anything out there.

-Chris

Agreed.

Got a chance to grind out a chisel-ground Strongboy in .275" thick CPM-4v, and something in the same steel but with a full-thickness spine, both sides ground and swept 8" blade with sori. Heat treat tomorrow...

Really looking forward to this steel - looks to be a winner!

So nice to see all you guys making some chisel ground blades.

I do not feel so all alone anymore :D

Nice work, everybody. You all have inspired me to try one of these myself. I haven't got the sheath done yet, but here are a few pics of the knife:

111315-1.jpg

111315-2.jpg

111315-3.jpg

Steel is O1, about 59.5 RC. Blade is 6-1/4", total length is about 11". 5/32" thick and chisel ground. The flats are hand rubbed, but the bevels are belt finished.

Thanks for the video, Joe, and for starting this thread.

P.S. Please pardon the dust on the handle wrap...

BTW, the handle is paracord over black stingray.

Way to go Phillip!

Back