• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Phoenix Knife House Sharpening Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you're off and running Jason....good luck with your new gig.

Nice to see you got moved and settled in Jason... congrats again on getting that dream job of yours :thumbup:

Thanks, Carl

Will be looking forward to having some of your fine knives in the shop.

Over the years I have always been asked a common question, "can I have the edge angles 15 degrees per side with a high polish?" And truthfully not a easy question to answer. I freehand sharpen and go by feel and experience with steels, I also tend to convex my edges which means my bevel angle is actually several angles blended into one. Thinning is done on every edge, I have yet to find more than a handful of knives in my lifetime that has had a edge grind low enough to allow the steel to perform properly.

The request for a "polished edge" is very subjective. A polished edge to me is probably miles apart from what many imagine. I also rarely use loaded strops or compounds to finish a edge anymore, quality bare strops and good stone technique has given me less of a need for them.

If your are looking for a full on mirror polish like found in my thread "the first sharpening" I may come close at times but I don't go through the same extensive process.

Last edited:
I just received my strider sng back from knifenut and it is the sharpest I have yet to see a knife. This tip was messed up an the bevel was uneven. He fixed it all. The turn around time and communication was also incredible. Take it from me, a person who has a hard time sending off knives, he is next to none. The prices are EXTREMELY fair and the service is incredible. Will be sending him more knives for sure.

Hi there,
Id love you to sharpen my cold Steel AK-47 . Its used a bit. The edge it not bad but the factory job is horrible. One side at 25 other at 20 and totally uneven. Id like a main edge of 15 per side. Then I can just work my 20 per side micro to sharpen in the future. But I want this done with removing the least amount of steel possible as its my only EDC. What do you think. And how much. Thanks
Brusher

Not a problem, I sharpen mine with a level 1 method and find it to provide the best edge. If you prefer level 4 that's fine too, you would be looking at a few dollar increase.

Not to worry about metal removal, I only take off as much needed to make it sharp :)

Send me a email.

Things did not work out as expected, it was a great life experience and AZ was a nice place to call home but its time for me to go back to Michigan.

Things did not work out as expected, it was a great life experience and AZ was a nice place to call home but its time for me to go back to Michigan.

Where in Michigan? I am in Michigan and if you still sharpen, I might be interested in getting one or two done. If not, thanks anyway and welcome back to Michigan! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back