*** PHOTOS *** My new Lion Steel SR1-B

SSonnentag

Stay Sharp!
It finally arrived! I know you've probably all see pictures of the SR1 already, but you haven't seen MINE yet. LOL! :D

Vege-Taco1440588.jpg

Vege-Taco1441106.jpg

Vege-Taco1442162.jpg

Vege-Taco1443623.jpg

Vege-Taco1444180.jpg

Vege-Taco1445400.jpg

Vege-Taco1446341.jpg

Vege-Taco1447701.jpg

Vege-Taco1448193.jpg

Vege-Taco1449970.jpg

Great photo's. The SR1 is much heavier than the Sebenza. I believe its over 8oz.

Interesting design, and it's out of stock everywhere I looked.

P.S. What's that button above the lock bar?

Congrats - how are ya liking it?

The SR1 certainly has it's merits, but it didn't tickle my fancy at all when I saw the pics, too big and 'industrial' looking. Also question whether that tiny pocket clip could work for such a large knife.

Interesting design, and it's out of stock everywhere I looked.

P.S. What's that button above the lock bar?

It's a switch. It can rotate about 90 degrees when the blade is locked open. This will prevent the lockbar from unlocking, converting the knife into a fixed blade of sorts.

I have a friend who picked up an SR-1 at Blade and he loves his. Congrats on a great score! :thumbup: :D

Thanks Vege. It's quite sophisticated for a framelock :) I'll probably pick one up.
Uddeholm states Sleipner's recommended working hardness at 60HRC and Lionsteel specs 60-61HRC. Pretty rare...

Congrats on the purchase. I think that the knife is way to "Wide" for it's length... looks like a knife got squished and fattened out, I think it is ugly as a baboons ass. But, a lot of people are loving the knives so they have to be good.

the only thing I don't like about that knife is the deep carry pocket clip, but that's just my preference.

it sure looks bad ass though.

Congrats on the purchase. I think that the knife is way to "Wide" for it's length... looks like a knife got squished and fattened out, I think it is ugly as a baboons ass. But, a lot of people are loving the knives so they have to be good.

LOL! Oh, come on, it's not THAT bad! :D

baboon_ass+crop.JPG

Are you going to carry it? I have been super impressed with the Sleipner steel and would like to hear others opinions of it. It holds a hair popping edge for a long time.

Are you going to carry it? I have been super impressed with the Sleipner steel and would like to hear others opinions of it. It holds a hair popping edge for a long time.

Certainly! I had to pull it from my pocket to snap these photos. :)

Initial impressions after 2 hours of pocket time and some fiddling with the knife.

• Scales are too slippery.
  • Pocket clip works just fine - I like deep carry clips.
  • I like tip-down better (i.e. XM-18)
  • Due to the tip-up clip, the thumbstud tends to dig into my leg when sitting in my office chair.
  • Detent and lockup are snappy. I like!
  • I thought the XM-18 had a thick blade (4 mm). The SR-1 blade is even thicker! (4.5 mm) :eek:
  • Many knives come sharp from the maker, but this one takes the prize for the sharpest.
  • I like the nearly-full flat grind....a lot!
  • Lion Steel provides a nifty little tool for attaching the pocket clip and for adjusting the pivot. However, the pivot is too tight for the tool to work, and you really need two tools to adjust the pivot, one for each side.

It is a very interesting design, I am most impressed with the body of the knife being one piece titanium and the rotoblock feature.

Congrats.

Rich

Back