Picked up a Steelcraft Mini-Bodega

Since the size is a bit more EDC friendly, I thought I'd give the Steelcraft Mini-Bodega a try.

I have a mini and a large. Another mini is on my list. Amazing quality.

For those of you with both (full size & mini), what size blade do you normally prefer? And what are your thoughts about each?

The specs on the full size are listed differently (minimally, but still different) on the two sites from which I'd be likely to purchase. I like the aesthetics, and I want one; but the mini is too small for my taste... and I'm afraid I'll find the full size a shade too long.

For those of you with both (full size & mini), what size blade do you normally prefer? And what are your thoughts about each?

The specs on the full size are listed differently (minimally, but still different) on the two sites from which I'd be likely to purchase. I like the aesthetics, and I want one; but the mini is too small for my taste... and I'm afraid I'll find the full size a shade too long.

I usually carry a 3.5" or shorter blade. While in the office it is a 3" give or take. However, now that I don't go into Seattle as much (3.5" legal limit) I find I like having a larger blade on me.

The full size Bodega is large enough that you need to be aware of your surroundings when pulling it out. For most things I would stick with the mini as personal preference. However if you can carry both, they make a very nice pair :)

That's my problem with the Bodegas. 3.5" is my prefered blade length. I can go a bit bigger if the handle is nice and slender/light. The ZT 0850 and 0095 are examples of slightly larger blades I can office EDC just fine. The full-size Bodega is a bit hard to office EDC, and the Mini as it turns out is too small for my liking.

Thank you, 0men 0men & Rolex John Rolex John
It seems unusual for me to balk at the size, having carried a ZT0200(KW) for as long as I did...but the conflicting specs on different sites are partially to blame (I saw the higher ones first, lol). I'm fine with the size of the 0200; though I have come to appreciate the merits of carrying something a little smaller...and I almost always have a traditional in the other pocket, for times when a full sized folder seems to not be the best option.

That's my problem with the Bodegas. 3.5" is my prefered blade length. I can go a bit bigger if the handle is nice and slender/light. The ZT 0850 and 0095 are examples of slightly larger blades I can office EDC just fine. The full-size Bodega is a bit hard to office EDC, and the Mini as it turns out is too small for my liking.
We are working on a 3/4 size

We are making a 3.5 Bodega soon

Hate to resurrect the dead but any idea when the medium size Bodega drops? I was just about to pull the trigger on one, either small or large, and read here a medium is coming. Full stop. Would buy one right now if available. If not gonna be for years will just grab one of the others.

So I finally ordered a mini Bodega from KSF and wouldn’t you know it, blade is scratched. Major disappointment. Going back. And on top of that they don’t have another like it.

Can someone tell me how to get crap off my blade? Very disappointed it would come like this.
15765369154064834728254411248844.jpg

No clue what it is. Soap and hot water wont touch it. Right across the logo and runs entire length of blade

Any ideas? Dont have much experience with DLC blades. Thx

Can someone tell me how to get crap off my blade? Very disappointed it would come like this.
View attachment 1250428

No clue what it is. Soap and hot water wont touch it. Right across the logo and runs entire length of blade

Any ideas? Dont have much experience with DLC blades. Thx
Looks like tape residue from sharpening.
Try alcohol on a cloth, that's what I use.
Mine is spotless.:D

Back