Pickled eggs

I have liked ones I’ve gotten at bars, but they tend to be very rubbery on the outside. Don’t know if that is what happens in general due to the acid reacting with the egg white or if the commercially produced ones are just like that. For those of you who make your own, are they rubbery too or do they stay more like a non-pickled egg?

Your pickled egg production is seriously impressive – 4-1/2 dozen eggs is no small feat! It's clear you've got a knack for turning simple ingredients into tasty delights. Pickled eggs are such a unique treat, with that tangy, flavorful punch that keeps you coming back for more.
And here's a fun idea – have you ever considered pairing your pickled eggs with a dollop of homemade yum yum sauce recipe? It might sound unconventional, but trust me, it adds a creamy and tangy twist that complements the eggs beautifully. Gluesticks Blog has a fantastic recipe that you should definitely check out.

Last edited:
Last week I made Beet and Vinegar pickled eggs. My Swmbo has been eating them for Breakfast, I like them in Salads or alone.

Old thread but I'll chime in . . .

I made a batch of pickled eggs not too long ago and didn't like the result. :(

Didn't grow up eating them, so I don't have that cultural taste tradition to bind me to them. I can see how it would be useful to pickled eggs to prevent them from spoiling but, they come out too dense and rubbery for my taste and I'm never going to make them again. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The methane amount/aroma produced by my 4'10", 100lb wife a couple hours after eating a couple defies all logic ... PHEW!!! 🤢 I try to get her pickled beets instead and tell a white lie that the grocery deli was out of them.

Lola's hot sauce is off the hook!:thumbsup:

A salad I made that includes my beet Pickled Eggs. And Bucket grown Tomato's. That's Chicken Salad in the center.With a Balsamic glaze for Dressing.IMG_20240309_180600426.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240309_180600426.jpg
    IMG_20240309_180600426.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 0
I love pickled beets. :)

I don't eat them very often but they're easy to make and I still have a couple of jars that I made & canned several years ago on the shelf.

Back