Pictures of little village khukuri

Here is a neat little village khukuri I picked up recently. It's only 12" long OA and only weighs 1/2 lb. The nicely shaped and very well forged blade is 8" long and is 1/4" at it's thickest point along the spine. The finish was left very rough (I assume that is the case with most village khukuri?) Dan, my wife claimed this one also when I unpacked it!

Would a small khukuri like this have been a boy's or woman's knife?

Guy Thomas

View

View

View

View

I like everything about this one, Guy. Great handle, beautiful blade lines, and isn't that a military frog on the scabbard? Y'all have some good taste in khukuris down yonder. But you've gotta do something about finding a place where you can open your new knives privately. You don't stand much of a chance of keeping one for yourself if she's hawkin' around...unless you get one for her in every box, that is. Tell me, does she like to shoot?

I suspect anybody whose hands fit the handle would latch onto this one in a heartbeat.

You've got it all goin' on, baby!

Dan

PS: Nice job with the pics.

Thanks Dan, I'm still getting the hang of this digital camera so a few shots are a little fuzzy. It's capable of much better but I need a stand of some sort and a whole weekend to just experiment with it (like thats going to happen anytime soon!).

Yeah, I've had thoughts about keeping the new khuris secret but this way I still get to hold and see the khukris and I don't feel as guilty about buying them! She doesn't particularly like guns but the last time I went out shooting (my that was a loooong time ago!) she burned up 500 rounds of .22s in no time flat, in a single shot bolt action rifle at that! Shooting my 9mm got too expensive so we haven't been in quite a while and knifemaking and raising a family takes up a lot of time also (I forgot I have to put work and overtime in there too!)

Speaking of time, here it is almost midnight, I've got a cold and there is no way I can stay home from work tomorrow and I'm here on the stupid computer instead of being in bed!:D

Guy Thomas

Guy, I really think you're doing GREAT with the camera. It adds a whole lot to the forum, and now I'm feeling like I'll get the shutter bug someday myself.

Wow, the wife even shoots, too? She sounds like a keeper!

Hope you'll get better soon...summer colds are just miserable.

Dan

nice knife, Silent. The hatchwork on the bolster is similar to GH's cheetlang. Very attractive. Much better than the average villager.

Patrick

Back