pigsticker challenge????

kalama

Gold Member
show me your pigsticker or hog hunting knife,,i would like to see what other hunters use?? an if you never hunted hogs with a blade,just show me what you would take with you??your ideal pigsticker??,,,i also been thinking of starting a pig sticker knife challenge to all the knife makers,,JUST THINKING,,nothing final,i got the idea from the bushcraft knife challenge,i belong to the hawaii pig hunters association an i was talking to some long time members that i personally know an asked if they be interested in testing some knives,on there pighunts...the only problem is i have no time,,but if another member wants to take this idea an run with it please do ,i think this would be very interesting..
here are some of my knives i used over the years,but this first two pics the m95 ranger knife ,an the koyote's are my all time favorite,,,there are so many other great knives i used over the years that i dont have any pics of,,busse,randalls,kabar,lonesomepine battle bowie,rat,coldsteel,,ect....i lost so much pics when my computer crashed...enjoy
039.jpg

048.jpg

048-1.jpg

113.jpg

047.jpg

013.jpg

023.jpg

027.jpg

021-1.jpg

P1010003.jpg

SJ002.jpg

031-1.jpg

029.jpg

046.jpg

080.jpg

053.jpg

056.jpg

037.jpg

032.jpg

IMAG0295.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a Kabar Baconmaker in storage. One of these days I'll get the money and the gonads to put it to it's intended use. LOL.

Hog hunting was one of the intended uses I had planned for my recent BK9 that I modified. Hopefully it will see some use soon:

b4cjzq.jpg

thats an awesome bk9 makes me wish i never traded mine,thinking of getting the becker magnum camper,,man you must hear this alot,but if you ever want to get rid of that knife put me on the list

Hey kalama,
I bought that blue-handled Bill Siegle knife from you. How come that never worked well for you as a pig sticker?

thats an awesome bk9 makes me wish i never traded mine,thinking of getting the becker magnum camper,,man you must hear this alot,but if you ever want to get rid of that knife put me on the list

Haha well I've got a fair amount of time and thought wrapped up in it...so I doubt i will ever part with it. Hopefully it will last me for a LONG time.

for the siegle love the blade shape,but i didnt care for the handle

Last edited:
Nice to see the BK-9's. I've never been hog hunting, but if I get the invite, I'm ready.

P1020883.jpg

P1020884.jpg

wellusedcommandII.jpg

This little guy would be my choice. It's been around the block a few times and is still razor sharp.

Last edited:
for the siegle love the blade shape,but i didnt care for the handle

I agree with you. The butt flares out too much for me as well. I bought a knife from Bill that originally had the same grip shape and asked him to reduce it for me. He did so and it feels much better compared to the pig-sticker he made for you. Bill said that he'll modify his grip design a bit as a result.

Could you post a pic of that knife CWL man I miss that blade,that's one of the knives I wish I never let go,I should have just fix the handle

Love that BK9 devilpig.
This is one I hope to try out next year. 9" of 1/4" thick CPM S35 VN.
Scott

Boarhuntingknife001.jpg

aloha pancho thats a nice looking blade you got there,wow pitdog that blade will down some nice hogs is that a mineral mountian

I just picked up a Blackjack Model 7, AND I'm gonna be moving to Texas . . . hogs, look out!! :D

Back