Pimped up gunstock warclub

Here's a couple of pics of Ray's club after a little pimping.I added a rawhide hand grip, braintanned fringe drop, antler slider, feather, tin cones, trade beads, horsehair scalp locks, rawhide blade cover, brass tacks, and three forged curls. In the small curls I will add two rings in which I will put a removable shoulder strap.
DSC03508.jpg

DSC03510.jpg

Nice post as usual John. Really like your work. How did you fasten the blade into the stock? Is it pinned? Regards, Loosearrow

Nice post as usual John. Really like your work. How did you fasten the blade into the stock? Is it pinned? Regards, Loosearrow

John didn't make the gun stock, he did the pimping. :D I made the blade so it could be removed. If you notice the thing that the tassel is fastened to its actually a pear shaped nut.

Ah, excellent. I've always wanted one of these.

You did a great job, there is a very traditional look to it.

John didn't make the gun stock, he did the pimping. :D I made the blade so it could be removed. If you notice the thing that the tassel is fastened to its actually a pear shaped nut.

Way to go Raymond. Nice piece for both of you. Guess I was distracted by the sheer beauty of the work. Regards Loosearrow

Thanks for the compliments everyone:thumbup:I reaaly enjoy these projects with Ray, although I admit that taking these already exquistely crafted items and trying to compliment and enhance them can be a bit of a challenge sometimes:eek:

Back