Please be careful

BTW, Blues Blues

Are these scumbag scammers smart enough to hide their IP Adresses? I know some websites/forums have flagged/blocked IP addresses that have either violated the terms for multiple user accounts, or other violations (like scamming).

***Unfortunately, it's not difficult for scammers to hide, or use different IP addresses nowadays, but IF a scammer is dumb enough to not conceal theirs, many years ago, I managed to use a scammer's IP Address (stolen card info scam), to nail down a physical address, and turn over the information to the local Sheriff's office, who actually cared enough about fraud, to pursue it.

^ correct there is a small fee associated with using a CC when sending $ via F&F and yes you can use your CC to send money, even if sending via F&F. Our economy runs on credit so your $ is always welcome in any shape or form.

I had a somewhat recent transaction with a straight-to-Instagram maker. He was pleasant enough but he was pretty heavy handed when it came to his accepted payment options. He didn't touch PayPal at all and really, really wanted me to pay via Zelle. I don't use Zelle at all - they don't provide a way to pay via credit card and I have heard they are an absolute nightmare to work with if there is problem. I finally convinced him to at least take Venmo - which came at additional expense to me but I could use a credit card. I got the knife just fine but it soured me on the whole ordeal. Frankly, it has kept me from buying much in private transactions. I have an excellent knife collection already and I don't need to risk the headaches these days.

Dealing with makers like Lorien and CPK is always a treat in today's market - I get an invoice and I can pay without worry. Easy-peasy.

tatsu tatsu - I've been thinking about your shitty situation all day.

I know you're already out $250, but I have a UF2 that I'll set you up with for $250 and shipping. I'm sure I can get another one if I really need to.

Seriously sucks that you got scammed, and I hope that jerk gets whats coming to him and soon. I've been scammed myself, it sucks; sadder but wiser...
This has probably already been said, but I would NEVER buy from someone who won't use a regular Paypal seller account. And I would NEVER expect someone to pay me using Venmo or Paypal F and F. A sale is a sale, period. And yes it stinks paying fees and taxes, but you do get some protection for your money. I once was scammed by an internet vendor (not on here) and PP did refund my money after I put in a claim. If you already know someone, even then an account can be hacked as we all know. It's not worth the risk just to save a few bucks IMHO.

tatsu,Sorry to hear about the loss here.

Scammers ruin good times for everyone else.

I am wondering if asking for current pictures of the knife with today's date would help to verify that he or she does actually own the knife as well? Were the pictures stolen too?

Last edited:
It seems to me that this person frequents the forum, because my guess is less than one percent of the people in the world probably know what a CPK is...

They said that it was from a Friday sale from a little over a year ago, and they knew what double red micarta was.
That seems like too much CPK knowledge for somebody that doesn't frequent this forum. Unless they stole the pictures and the words from somebody else's post.

Last edited:
tatsu,Sorry to hear about the loss here.

Scammers ruin good times for everyone else.

I am wondering if asking for current pictures of the knife with today's date would help to verify that he or she does actually own the knife as well? Were the pictures stolen too?

Last night I became aware of a situation in the CRK sale sub-forum via a report by a member.

It seems that the sale seemed a bit sketchy because the seller was reluctant to provide additional requested images and info, stating he didn't want to reopen the package. On top of this, the price was being reduced to below what it would normally sell for, and the seller was aggressively trying to sell without providing the additional info. Hmmm...what's up with this? Let's have a look.

Since I didn't want to chance anyone agreeing to buy, and then sending funds in advance of my trying to vet the situation as best I could, I addressed the seller within the thread and told him that he needed to produce images of the knife, DOB card and a written piece of paper saying "bladeforums" with the date. Failure to do so would result in the thread being closed and potential action against his account.

The seller wrote back in the thread and was very indignant for being called out publicly and wanted to know why he wasn't simply contacted via PM.

I wrote a lengthy reply, followed up with a PM and moved the thread temporarily offline.

It was clear from the conversation with the individual that he was a native English speaker, not that that proves anything, but it did allay some suspicion when compared to recent events.

Since he provided the images and requested material, I edited the thread and removed my, his, and another member's comments which would no longer be germane to the sale thread. Then I moved the thread back to the Chris Reeve sale sub-forum.

The seller apologized once he realized why I had taken the steps I had, and actually thanked me for taking them once he saw that I was trying to protect both the integrity of his account, and any potential buyer.

And that's how I spent the last part of my night before heading to bed to read.

I can't tell you how much fun that was. (Not.)

Back