Please help me find a knife set for my dad’s birthday gift 🙏

so, my dad’s birthday is coming up and I wanna buy him a knife set of like 2 or 3 knives. My budget is ~800$, his favourite colour is green so maybe a green oak handle? I want to buy him something special and high quality that’s gonna last a lifetime. Possibly looking for japanese knives, one for cutting meat and another for cutting vegetables. He really loves making food for his family and friends with bbq’s and so forth. Maybe a Damascus blade as well, I want him to be happy using it and looking at it. Something he’s going to cherish. Please help me find something for him as I’m not very educated on this. I don’t know what’s good quality and sadly there are no professional knife shops where I live.

You're preparing a great gift
As a gift for my father
The kitchen knife I recommend is
The sword of Tanaka Yoshikatsu
Korea's Pungcheondo
Or I can recommend the Kurosaki brothers' knives

I see this is old and the birthday has probably come and gone but thought I'd throw this out there. I've been piecing a set of Shun Premiers together for my Dad for a while now. That works real well because it's one for Christmas and one for his Birthday. I don't have to mind bend on what to get him and he enjoys completing the set over time. I started with a 10" Chefs knife and block. Next was the 8" and cutting board and so on. Just an Idea.

If it already went down, what did you decide on?

Back