Question PMs/Conversations

Also how does one post a quote to reply to. Do you have to click "quote" and then "reply" .. Quotes don't show up on my replies to them. I just tried with lissismore post and the quoute I was responding to did not appear except as a number.

This is all very confusing. I also know from others they are having the same problems but are not saying anything.

Ok brother, you sent me what's called a "Profile Post", which is like the old " Visitors Message". That shows up on a profile page. Click my avatar and go ty profile page and you will see it. It's public.

I'm gonna send you a conversation by clicking on the envelope in the top right corner of the screen and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
I clicked on your avatar and I clicked profile and then the message I sent you pops up. So I don't know where you mean?

I don't get this at all and I don't think I am even close o figuring it out after over a week of trying on this new format

Take a breath, repeat.

I'm unable to send you a conversation because I'm guessing you are over your limit. The very top right of this screen should have an envelope symbol, click it, and hit "Show All". That will show you your conversations.

He can't send Conversations (the old PMs) nor receive any because he's not a paying member.

He can't send Conversations (the old PMs) nor receive any because he's not a paying member.
Geez, saw that he had an avatar and assumed he was a paying member, thanks for the heads up.

My membership expired April 4th right before the shut down .
When you renew your membership, send me a Conversation if you still need a hand. I totally missed that you were a registered user. I thought avatars we're only for paying members.

how do I delete my PM's it says I am at max and cant take any more. Therse no delete option

Click on leave conversation.(Right above the banner with the date of the conversation)
Yeah, leave conversation means delete it.:rolleyes:

...Also, there used to be an option to download/save Private Messages to my computer before deleting them. That doesn't seem to be an option now.

I can't see any response to this part of r8shell's question (apologies if I've missed it). For me, the ability to download PM's was a valuable tool. Is it likely to be reinstated?

Doesn't look like that's an available option

A conversation works like a private thread. If I start one with you, that counts as "one" conversation no matter how many times we post, our entire private thread counts as "one" conversation.

With PM's, each message in your inbox and outbox counted as a message.

When we switched over, each PM turned into an individual conversation, since it's a different format.

Clear as mud right there:p
Can you tell me how to view my message count? Thank you.

Can you tell me how to view my message count? Thank you.
On the top right of the page, you’ll see an envelope icon. Click on that to view conversations. When you do that, on the conversation page, in the upper left side you’ll see your message count

On the top right of the page, you’ll see an envelope icon. Click on that to view conversations. When you do that, on the conversation page, in the upper left side you’ll see your message count
I left a bunch of conversations and the percentage went down but when I click on my account, my message count hasn't gone down. It's actually gone up with each reply I've been making here. Thanks for your help, this site is not very intuitive.

Your message count will reflect your posts that you make around the forum.

Your Conversations are a different animal and won't reflect in your message count. The percentage in Conversation will reflect how much of your limit you've used. As you Leave Conversations that percentage should drop.

Your message count will reflect your posts that you make around the forum.

Your Conversations are a different animal and won't reflect in your message count. The percentage in Conversation will reflect how much of your limit you've used. As you Leave Conversations that percentage should drop.
Yes, my limit freed up from 80% to 12%. Guess I wasted $60 upgrading to platinum from gold because I thought I would run out. Really appreciate your help. Hope you don't mind if I ask something else. I've messaged but never got an answer. Are thread titles automatically bold faced? When i look at thread titles, they're all boldfaced except mine and I don't see any way to make it bold like I can with the contents of my thread. Thanks again.

Yes, my limit freed up from 80% to 12%. Guess I wasted $60 upgrading to platinum from gold because I thought I would run out. Really appreciate your help. Hope you don't mind if I ask something else. I've messaged but never got an answer. Are thread titles automatically bold faced? When i look at thread titles, they're all boldfaced except mine and I don't see any way to make it bold like I can with the contents of my thread. Thanks again.
A thread in Bold just means that you haven't viewed it. When you view the thread the bold will be removed.

In other words, your thread is boldfaced for everyone else until they view it.

Back