• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pocket Filers 2/4

Those are really nicely done. I think your click fit divot thing is a stroke of genius.

Do you have any idea what kind of steel those files are made of?

I've been told by more than one that files are made mostly of 1095 or 1085 or something similar...
-M

Mike can I get this knife with the click divot pocket clip kydex sheath? Pm sent.

File1.jpg

Last edited:
Folks I just want to say these are really cool knives and very much worth it. Mine arrived a few days ago and WOW, it's a great knife. It came razor sharp and I have put it through it's paces these last few days. Edge holding is great, fit & finish is great, ergonomics are fantastic for such a small knife. I am really glad I went this route - got a custom made for me, to my specs and still came out much cheaper than the production piece I was looking at.

Sorry, I don't have a camera but she is sweet. Thanks alot Michael, I plan on doing business with you again. I am very satisfied.

Gibby

PS - I forgot to mention how well the finger divot works for control of the blade, especially when I'm doing some fine cutting or whittleing/carving. It really works just as well as I had hoped. I'm having to use a public computer so it's hard for me to post pics of it. This is my first ever custom and I'm still ecstatic.

Last edited:
Sir,

Any plans to make more of this model?

Any plans to make it in different dimensions -- possible a 2.5" blade version?

I'm looking forward to getting mine in. If they're as nice as everybody says, and I have no reason to doubt you guys, I'd like to have a 2.5" also. But I'd want it made out of a farrier file with micarta slabs. The pics on Michael's site of them just look really cool!

I'd have to agree with everything Gibby has said. It is an awesome knife and I will definitely be ordering from Michael again!!!

Trying to attach the pics, hopefully this works...

Gibby

Awesome job Michael. Thanks again.

Attachments

• NoWharning 1.jpg
    NoWharning 1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 151
  • NoWharning 2.jpg
    NoWharning 2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Michael, got mine today. This is a great little knife! The knife snaps securely in the sheath, and I really like the way the sheath fits in my pocket. I can't tell its there! A great knife for a great price. Thank you!

I would like one of these in ivory. I just dont have the money right now.Is this something you could make for me in the near future when i get the disposable income. Thanks:thumbup:

I got some extra money.YEE HAW. Instead of the ivory i would like one in burgundy.Thanks

mdauben, I have you on for one w/ black micarta.
I just got my new Pocket Filer the other day, and have had a little bit of time to play around with it. Very nice example of a "pocket fixed blade". The knife is very well shaped making it easy to handle and use even for so small a knife. As much as I like the knife itself, I was equally impressed with the clever pocket clip sheath. Not really any more overt than my typical pocket clip folder, with excellent retention yet easy draw.

All around a great package, Michael! :thumbup:

Hey Michael! I've changed my mind and would like a Pocket Filer in black micarta. I sent you a PM...:D

Dude your making it hard for the rest of us knife makers with your really cool little knives.;)
That kydex sheath is the sweetest thing I have seen in a while. :thumbup:

I can't believe I missed this!!!!
I need one in OD Micarta...please make some more!!!!
Let me know where to send the paypal too.
On second thought...I need 2, one for me and one for my son!

I can't believe I missed this!!!!
I need one in OD Micarta...please make some more!!!!
Let me know where to send the paypal too.
On second thought...I need 2, one for me and one for my son!

Ammo,
You're on the list, PM sent, Thanks!
-M

Oh, damnit, why did I have to come across this thread....

mykulmorris, I'd like a black handle, please pm details for me to send payment.

Thanks.

Back