Pocket Meteor info?

Hello, I was looking for info on the Pocket Meteor. As I'm sure you guy are already saying, "Then go to his site," I will tell you that on my computer, it takes FOREVER to load and causes disconnections. Therefore, I'm appealing to you folks to give me some info on it. That being said, stats would be nice to start w/, then a commentary on its various uses and how it can be used most effectively (like a kubotan, nunchaku, ???), its most recommended place of carry. Oh yeah, how much is it and how long do I have to wait for one? I saw a thread somewhere talking about it, but haven't been successful in locating it. I'm asking about the PM b/c there are many places in Seattle that kinda frown on knives, and if possible, I'd prefer to use bludgeoning pain in lieu of bloodletting to effect a mutually beneficial change in an assailant's current disposition. Finally, anyone ever think of how a folding, pocket-sized kama might be constructed? Try to envision a folder only open halfway. I wonder if that could be done? Maybe that niche is already filled by Szabo's UUK? Any help on the Pocket Meteor would be very helpful.

Well, Mr. Thrawn, I'm sure if you could, you would see that I had written about the Pocket Meteor before here, but obviously you can't, and since I just got my PM about two weeks ago, I can hopefully give you some info. I got mine, a beautiful purple, in about a weeks time, for around $70 bucks. First thing you notice...it's heavy. Not TOO heavy, but heavy enough. It can cause some serious damage. The cord is long enough for you to swing it around your wrist so it lands right in your palm. Yes you can swing it a la nunchaku or blackjack. You can even use it as a yawara. Leave it in your back pocket with the cord hanging out...you can draw and strike in less than a second with practice!

The PM shines in the Bandando though. Fits perfectly, and hits like a ton of bricks. I took both of them with me on a trip to the East coast...no problems going through security in the airport, (along with James's Credit Card Blade wallet), and even went swimming in the Atlantic with the PM and Bandando in my shorts; no problem.

4 inches long...smooth titanium...hurts like hell...what are you waiting for???? Order one from James now!

Thank you Mr. G and Blades for the info. A few more questions. I was actually thinking about leaving it in my back pocket, but what other places can you carry it and fling it out from? I'm glad it can be used like a yawara. G, is your tip the standard, or a customized one? If it's a custom one, what config did you get it done w/? I was thinking maybe a flanged portion for a more severe bludgeoning/tearing effect.

I think the Pocket Meteor is a little on the short side to be used as a REALLY effective Yawara, although it will do in a pinch.

The Koppo Stick is a multi-purpose unit for my own tastes...I can load it into a Bandando as well as use it solo, or I can loop the ParaCord from the Pocket Meteor or a Ban Bog Stick through the small two-finger ParaCord loop on the Koppo Stick and make a vicious Mace/flail/compact Nunchaku-type weapon. A weapon that would be almost impossible to dislodge from your grip!

I hope this helped. I will try to find a link for the Koppo Stick...it is my favorite right next to my Wang-Bo...

One of the posts mentioned going through an airport with a titanium pocket meteor in their pocket. Did it set off the metal detectors? I am curious because I am planning on purchasing a pocket meteor and a Wang Stick and would love to take them on my frequent flights instead of my illegal Delta Darts.

------------------
ED Grendel

Koppo stick? Isn't Koppo a Ryu or karate style known for it's specialization in bone-breaking and setting? Stats on that thing? I think I've seen the Wang Bo, isn't it the tapered thing? Anyway, I'd like to know about the PM's ability to set off detectors, too.

My PM has the standard blunt end. I agree with Mr. Rearic that the PM is on the small side to use as a yawara, but the beauty of the PM is the thumb cord. In less than a second, you can go from a limb destruction while holding the PM, and THEN swing it from your thumb and hit the bad guy in the head TWICE before swinging it back into your palm again. It works, cause my training buddy and I have whacked(or should I say wanged?) each other dozens of times.(with the FIST helmet on, of course) Gotta be real careful and focused though, cause every now and then you accidentally hit yourself, and from all the bruises I have, let me tell you...the PM HURTS!!

It's a lot of fun training with James's stuff. Right now my buddy and I are REALLY into the PM/Bandando phase...mostly swinging and snapping with some grappling thrown in.

I went through TWO international airports with my Bandando and PM in my pocket; I had the PM attached to my keys as a sort of keychain, and the Bandando...well, it's only a kerchief anyway! No problems at all...detector didn't even go off!

Hope this helps.

That actually helped a lot. So, from a limb destruction, you can go to a swing? Sweet. How long did it take for yours to arrive? It's something like $70, right? Hmmmm...I'm also looking at the manrikigarotte/V-Gar system, but that's actually too pricy for me right now. Ingenious, though, even if I wouldn't know how to use it once I got it. Also, the steel chain kind makes me grimace, I'd rather have one of those mountain climbing braids w/ the same tensile strength, but I guess the stiffness of the wire allows you to thread it back through the belt, right? At four inches, though, the PM sounds like it'd be a pretty good yawara for me, b/c I've got kinda small hands. What other cool stuff is there?

Back