pocket meteor

WMK,

Have you tried your local neighborhood military surplus shop? I'm positive that they'll hook you up with some paracord...

You're right about it being more fun with a longer lanyard. Ahhh, the pleasure of swinging a titanium stick...whizzing about the air, slicing patterns back and forth...and then:

BAM!!

The stick strikes against your knee...HARD (Accidentally, of course
smile.gif
) and all of a sudden, after a very brief pause, there is PAIN. Utter pain. The kind of pain you write home to momma about. And then the swelling. And later, the bump and bruise. Be proud of that bruise. I know that I was. Wear it as a badge of sorts. But most of all...

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.

Thanks, KELT34 and MrG.

I want to make longer lanyard for my Pocket Meteor. I think the lanyard is made by 550 paracord (3/16") in a loop (about 7" long) with another section attached to it, about 12" totally. It is the right length for daily carry. But I like to make it about 2 - 4 feet long. I don't know if the Meteor can be used as a Rope Dart (as I mentioned in the other day). Using long double cord may easy to get tangled. The question than will be if a single 550 paracord is strong enough (how
much weight it can take). Or I need to find a thicker paracord (don't know the number). The hole on the Meteor is 1/4".

I need to find a local store, or find an Internet place to get the paracord.

I think I may try to use a small sand bag to practice. I don't want to got to work with bruises on my face. Yeah, I can picture myself after the big BAM! There are some good advice in that book I mentioned before on practice. What are the common problems for the beginners.

"550" ParaCord has a 550lb. breaking strength, hence the "550."

What you can do is make a 3 strand braided (simple French braid) cord from 3 strands of this. That is strong!

Maybe I should get a little cottage industry going on and offer you guys my Weaselcraft Special. The knot would stick out a tiny bit and not fit as flush as the original, but I have made one for mine and use it at times, take it out when I don't need it in there...

Hmmmm, 1st Koppo stick ever made?? How sweet is that? And, I must admit, that homemade chain is also like a pretty flower in the desert. Some serious **** ya got there Don.

Back