Pocket pry bars

Carried a small one for years, never used it. Had the opportunity too (my backyard wooden gate door would swell shut)... instead I just used my pocket knife.

I can say that after having the 8" eod bar for a little over 3 weeks that it's awesome. I've used it to pry boards off pallets, lift tires, pop door panels loose, lift plow cutting edges off the floor, open those heavily glues cardboard boxes, the tip while wide works as a screwdriver. I carry it horizontal just to the right of my belt buckle. I thought it was going to be to big originally but it's not. The bevels are cut evenly at 30 degrees. And it's holding up extremely well.
view

Seen here compared to the average CS pocket knife it's actually not a big bar.

Teale Designs, Etsy. USA made. Steel, capable of real work. Mine has a bit holder in the end that actually works.
How long is it? A bit driver would be a nice feature but the orings wouldn't make it for my application and really I carry a sog multitool so not sure how much I'd use that feature. Got any other pictures?

I carry a few different sizes of the County Comm ti widgy bars. A little one on my keychain, a 4" version in my EDC kit. Lightweight and strong and reasonably priced, with no fancy BS. I can't believe what some people pay for little EDC pry bars just so they can flex on the 'gram, but hey, it's their money to waste.

Have you tried the Milwaukee one? I’m sure it’s made under several brands, and I’d guess about 8”. I keep it in my truck, and It’s really came In handy. I enjoy the county comm ones, even the EOD ones! While I don’t “flex on the ‘gram”, I do have some more expensive ones (mainly bc of my fascination with Ti, and love of supporting certain small businesses) that I keep in my office and shop…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 6
The price of those has gone way up lately, I was noticing. They were a great deal. All the ti prybars I’ve had, those included, seem softer to me than steel. They get gouged very quickly in my experience. The weight savings have never seemed worth it to me.

I like my Teale and it’s definitely not for flexing since I have no one to flex to. It combines several functions for me and actually has the leverage to pry things. I’ve taken apart furniture for the trash with it. Totally bombproof.

But this indeed what makes the world go round.
I don't know what they sell for now, I bought mine a while ago. For me, they are for light EDC tasks, and in those roles, they have never failed me. If I need to do something that requires a proper pry bar, then I use a proper pry bar.

I carry a few different sizes of the County Comm ti widgy bars. A little one on my keychain, a 4" version in my EDC kit. Lightweight and strong and reasonably priced, with no fancy BS. I can't believe what some people pay for little EDC pry bars just so they can flex on the 'gram, but hey, it's their money to waste.

I've accumulated a bunch of titanium EDC pry bars. The average cost for mine has been like $30. I see a lot of fancy ones going for over a hundo but it's just too rich for my blood. The curve of diminishing returns is steep on something I'll mostly be using to open a beer or access a stubborn nail nick on my multi-tool.

I just had to make myself a Channellock version of the Mayhew mini pry bar.
20230105_150210.jpg
I already had the Channellock rebranded Mayhew hook / pick set which has the same handle ( they're only $20 so I already ordered a replacement set ) so it was a no brainer.

Just an FYI the Mayhew mini pry bars are 6" long from the factory as seen in my previous post, the smaller ones were shortened by me.
I just pulled the handle off, shortened the shank and reinstalled.
I did the same to make the Channellock version but of course " reinstalled " the Channellock handle.

Back